Khaki Campbell Hatching Thread

Pics

Rammy

Crowing
15 Years
Oct 20, 2008
Tennessee
Put the khaki campnells eggs in yesterday after letting them settle for 24 hours after I recieved them. Some of the eggs are huge. Im hoping they arent double yolkers.
One was broken when I got them and susnt look fertile. I did not see a dot anywhere on the egg. They will have that dot like chicken eggs do, right? If so, there wasnt one so Im wondering if the rest are.
I will candle them in 7 days and see if any are developing. Sure hope so.

I figured they did have a bullseye. I didnt see one in the one that was busted. I hope they all arent like that. I will wait til day 10 to candle. Thank you. :jumpy

Day 2 of incubation. Last night I checked the humidity levels and needed to add just a little bit to get it up to the level I wanted. This morning I checked and the level had dropped to 44%. I had forgotten to put the vent plug back on after adding water. Oops! I dont think it messed anything up, especially this early. Keeping fingers crossed.:fl

Day 2 of incubation. Last night I checked the humidity levels and needed to add just a little bit to get it up to the level I wanted. This morning I checked and the level had dropped to 44%. I had forgotten to put the vent plug back on after adding water. Oops! I dont think it messed anything up, especially this early. Keeping fingers crossed.:fl
No. Your fine.

Checked incubator this morning. Humidity down to 51%, which isnt as bad as the 44% I had the other day. Added water to get it up to around 55%.
Using a very bright flashlight to point at the eggs from outside the dome just to see if I can spot anything yet even tho its only been 4 days. Nothing like a dark spot or veining yet. Cant wait til next weekend to really candle!

Checked incubator this morning. Humidity down to 51%, which isnt as bad as the 44% I had the other day. Added water to get it up to around 55%.
Using a very bright flashlight to point at the eggs from outside the dome just to see if I can spot anything yet even tho its only been 4 days. Nothing like a dark spot or veining yet. Cant wait til next weekend to really candle!

44-51 is not a bad humidity to start at. I run around 45%-50% almost all the time until lockdown on Khakis. And hatch around 60%-65% In fact, I pretty much hatch everything this way. Chickens, ducks, quail, etc.

Last edited:
I added water and it brought it up a little but not much. Im going to leave it there and just keep.an eye on it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom