Khaki Campbell Hatching Thread

20190130_192334.jpg

Culled 4 more tonight. This one is questionable as to viability. Going to give it til this weekend and if no further development, its getting removed. Most of them are showing lots of growth as in getting darker and heavier. This is one of the bigger eggs. The others are smaller.

13 days to go. Will candleagain this weekend. Humidity staying steady so I havent had to add much water. So far so good.

I got 12 from one seller on ebay and one was cracked from shipping. It didnt have a bullseye either when I checked it. So far none of the ones I got from him/her dont look like any of them are fertile. Mistake on my part.
The six I got from another seller are coming along nicely. Keeping fingers crossed.

Woke up this morning and the humidity had dropped to 10% overnight! :eek:I about had a heart attack! It was holding at 52% last night around midnight, so I dont know why it dropped so low so quickly. Only 11 days to go. When its says 3 days left, Im turning off the egg turner and taking it out. Should I put paper towels on the bittom? Ive read others have done that but in the past when Ive hatched chickens I never have. Just wondered.

I dont know why the humidity keeps dropping so low overnight. This morning it was 17%....dropping from 52% from the night before. Theres only 8 days left before hatching. When I got home tonight, it was still 52% from after adding water this morning. Hope this isnt going to hurt them so close to hatching.

When the water runs out, humidity drops...can be fast especially if your house is dry.
What is holding water for humidity in your incubator?
Pics would help.

Back
Top Bottom