Khaki Campbell internal pip to external pip?

That’s great news
Yes ducklings really take their time to hatch
24-48 hours after external pip
Can be less as well but feels like forever :)
Been like this since 7am!

Attachments

• PXL_20230322_143343231.jpg
    PXL_20230322_143343231.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 8
Been like this since 7am!
In 8-12 hours ( sometimes earlier sometimes later ) you should see a second hit
Most of mine hit that time frame but others go off course
I had one external pip while I was there so I know exact time. I came back at the 8 hours to see and he was zipping and hatched while I was there
He had a huge air cell though as he had a small pin hole I didn’t notice till around 7 days
He was probably in the air cell longer then most and why he hatched so fast after external

In 8-12 hours ( sometimes earlier sometimes later ) you should see a second hit
Most of mine hit that time frame but others go off course
I had one external pip while I was there so I know exact time. I came back at the 8 hours to see and he was zipping and hatched while I was there
He had a huge air cell though as he had a small pin hole I didn’t notice till around 7 days
He was probably in the air cell longer then most and why he hatched so fast after external
Only one that was internally pipped yesterday had pipped externally, the other one that I know for sure was pipped internally yesterday still hasn't pipped externally. Hopefully he will soon.

Only one that was internally pipped yesterday had pipped externally, the other one that I know for sure was pipped internally yesterday still hasn't pipped externally. Hopefully he will soon.
If it’s longer then 24 hours go ahead and make the safety hole
Sometimes they just need a little more time and this saves them as they can get air

It has been 29 hrs now since first pip! Is this normal? They still haven't completely make a hole in the shell, I know it can take up to 48 hours to completely hatch, but does it take this long to make an actual hole or are they having trouble? Thanks for all the helpful comments and tip from everyone, it has helped my first time experience so much!

Attachments

• PXL_20230322_143343231.jpg
    PXL_20230322_143343231.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230323_155012545.jpg
    PXL_20230323_155012545.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230323_155108868.jpg
    PXL_20230323_155108868.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 5
It has been 29 hrs now since first pip! Is this normal? They still haven't completely make a hole in the shell, I know it can take up to 48 hours to completely hatch, but does it take this long to make an actual hole or are they having trouble? Thanks for all the helpful comments and tip from everyone, it has helped my first time experience so much!
Picture one looks like only one hit but picture 2/3 Looks like it’s made the second hit
If this is 2 eggs I would help the first egg by making the hole bigger maybe quarter size so you can see in and see what’s going on
The other egg that has 2 hits is what you want to see and would let it do it’s thing

Picture one looks like only one hit but picture 2/3 Looks like it’s made the second hit
If this is 2 eggs I would help the first egg by making the hole bigger maybe quarter size so you can see in and see what’s going on
The other egg that has 2 hits is what you want to see and would let it do it’s thing
The 2 have hatched with no problem. That's for the advice!

Help again! I have one trying to hatch and it started bleeding what should I do? I have others trying to hatch too and don't want to risk opening the incubator and messing them up! The other 5 duckling that have already hatch has rolled this one all around and was even pecking at it. Im not sure what too do? Will it be ok or do I need to help it?

Attachments

• PXL_20230324_155710450.jpg
    PXL_20230324_155710450.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom