Khaki campbell lost her voice

ZxChlo

Hatching
Jun 13, 2017
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can please help me as I'm worried.
I have a 5 year old khaki campbell she's got an amazing personality she's always talking if she hears me she's normally quacking to get my attention. She even knows when I walk in the house and cough or if I get up in the night. She lies on my knee while I'm sat down. She's very playful and loves her pool and my other animals. The past 3 days (I've been in work for 3 days. Live in carer) my partner has noticed she hasn't made a sound. I went to check on her yesterday and it looks like she's trying to talk (quack or make a noise) but it looks and sounds like she can't. I've just come home from work again this morning and she's still the same does anyone know what this could be as she is still her normal self. Eating playing in her pool/pond. But not talking???

Attachments

• received_10207028254202482.jpeg
    received_10207028254202482.jpeg
    167.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-46-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-07-16-46-22.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

I don't know anything about Ducks either. I will go ahead and move this thread over to the Ducks section for you. I hope your baby is ok!! :hugs

@Amiga had one of her ducks lose her voice hopefully she can shed some light on what might be going on.

In the mean time to add some ACV into her drinking bucket 1-2 Tablespoons per gallon of water it's a great tonic for our birds.

Carmella lost her quack for a while. Vet could find nothing wrong. I tried a few drops of colloidal siler in her drinking water for a few nights and her voice came back. I cannot prove it fixed it, but nothing else worked. I would try the ACV. It could be something stuck in her throat or mating injury. A good duck vet is best if you can. Read about colloidal silver before using it, do not overdo it. Violet leaves can soothe the throat. Be sure you know the plant for sure!

Back
Top Bottom