Kicking them out of the house Final Chapter....

Chick-Mahal

Chirping
May 21, 2021
Concord, NH
OMG, today I let the chickens out of the coop after being in there for a whole week. Today I cleaned out that smelly coop and re-set the door opening to manual.
Door was set to close at 9pm EST and well it did with all my babies inside. The Australorp Gang has learned their safe place!!
Thanks to you all here for your guidance. I have never had children but love all kids, now I can say I truly know the worry of a mom!!

OMG, today I let the chickens out of the coop after being in there for a whole week. Today I cleaned out that smelly coop and re-set the door opening to manual.
Door was set to close at 9pm EST and well it did with all my babies inside. The Australorp Gang has learned their safe place!!
Thanks to you all here for your guidance. I have never had children but love all kids, now I can say I truly know the worry of a mom!!
So next dilemma.
My coop is raised and I have fenced around it so they can not geet under there, I was thinking they might use that as their safe place instead. But so far 2 nights they are good. But when can I remove the fencing so they can go under the coop again? There is great grass under there!

So next dilemma.
My coop is raised and I have fenced around it so they can not geet under there, I was thinking they might use that as their safe place instead. But so far 2 nights they are good. But when can I remove the fencing so they can go under the coop again? There is great grass under there!
I'd give it a week to make sure they're going in pretty reliably, and then give them access to the underside area and see what happens.

I'd give it a week to make sure they're going in pretty reliably, and then give them access to the underside area and see what happens.
Had to anchor down the fencing for under the coop access becuase they found a way to get in there. LOL Now it is secure and no access. Twice I found at least one of them in there but of course they could not get out on their own. LOL

Had to anchor down the fencing for under the coop access becuase they found a way to get in there. LOL Now it is secure and no access. Twice I found at least one of them in there but of course they could not get out on their own. LOL

I had the same problem with my Splits finding a way into the area between the poultrynet and the inner curtain but unable to get back the way they'd come.

It took me a while to find the hole gap where they'd pushed it out of line.

In re: the under-coop area, I agree that a week or so to establish good habits would probably work.

Back
Top Bottom