kid friendly geese??

In all of my experiences, geese are evil little buggers :mad:

But very pretty
big_smile.png

Even females are mean? When we picked up our babies, the woman had to get in between us and the males so they wouldn't take us down
lol.png

Geese are what you make them. Seriously. The geese I hatched imprinted on me. My kids are always around when I feed and care for them or go out to visit. The geese do not like my 10 yr old DD. They do try to nip my 2 yr old DS if I turn my back on them. Geese pick their human. You don't pick the goose.

For the most part though if you hatch your own goslings, have the child feed and tend them daily under your supervision, the geese will accept them into their flock. I find my sebbies to be the sweetest. My barnyard toulouse and giant dewlap toulouse are next in temperment. I had some others with Africans in them and they were just mean. My embdens aren't real friendly either.

i third the sebbies. sweetest birds on the farm. i've had many visitors with small children and they all can walk right up to them and i've had no problems. the only thing they bite is the cats/dogs.

Very true MissPrissy. I have a Buff American and he is the sweetest thing to me and my son. My son knows not to go into his pen without me. I dont know what Mr. Goose would do if I wasn't there.

Back
Top Bottom