Kid's Birthday party Vent UPDATE pg 3

Quote:
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

My vote for next year, a night away at the Great Wolf Lodge where I can relax too

! This would be my vote too!!!!
th.gif

thumbsup.gif

As for my daughter's bday party at PreK, the teachers suggested to bring some cupcakes for 25 kids and two to three gallons of fruit juice. So that is what I will plan to do for her friends. However we have a family birthday party for my DD, which we will plan about a month to two weeks ahead of time and get a birthday theme from DD. Last year it was Scooby doo. This year I am guessing horses LOL! We have a cookout along with her birthday cake, ice cream and table decorations from Dollar Store. We always had fun!
She even has her friends (my sis's nieces) to come over whether they are to come or not, we have extra spaces for them.

We have fun!

It might have been stressful to you but you've made great memories for him to have for years to come! My kids are growing fast (16/15/13) and their friends still remember the fun they had at the kids parties when they were young. It's a once a year birthday so as Mom's we just have to grin and bear it!!!! (I agree Great Wolf Lodge sounds great for next year!!!)
wink.png

Good Job making it through!!!!

We are planning dd's 7th already(her b day is in October)
But another classmate's family has a HUGE Halloween party every year. And this year it falls on the Saturday we would have had our dd's party.
So instead of a Halloween theme we are thinking about having it at the farmland. I have to admit I am a little disappointed we probably wont have a Halloween themed party. Since we LOVE Halloween! But maybe in a few years we will.

I am glad that it all worked out for you. No extra's is always good

My daughter is 17 yo now. But back in the days of birthday parties...even then , no one knew what or how to RSVP!!!!

If I planned a party that I had to pay per guest, I only invited kids that we knew the family and I could depend on an honest response, when the invitation was hand delivered to a parent.

If the party was more "open house", come and go as you please...my daughter was free to invite (still written invitations with a request for RSVP) anyone she wanted. And I would encourage her to invite quite a few since most will not show up...like you invited 28 and got 8. We would plan enough food and whatever was leftover we would have an extended family party the next day and get rid of the leftovers. Grandmas and Grandpas were happy not to "celebrate" with tons of little curtain crawlers running around.

In many cases, however, I found myself calling all of the non-RSVP'd households to get a straight answer about 6 days before the party. If you can't commit to something this coming weekend, then I'm taking it as a "no."

The biggest issues we had with birthday parties were gifts. We have some very affluent families in our area, and some mostly middle class families. Some of the affluent children would often be invited to our parties, bringing way over-the-top ($$$) gifts for my daughter. Then we would be invited to their party...yes, at the mini-mansion complete with pony rides, clowns, bounce house, and wine tasting tables for the parents. We couldn't really afford a grand birthday gift but would try to pick something very special or unique instead. However, it always seemed pretty paltry next to all the "hugeness" from the other kids.

And my biggest pet peeve is thank you notes. When did those go out of fashion????? My daughter was taught that she couldn't even open a gift until the thank you notes were finished and in the mail. Even if she thanked the person at the party or on the phone, the notes still went out. I have yet to receive even one thank you note form any other child (friend or relative) for a gift. That just irks me. I believe children are the products of their parents. So until the reach 18 I give them gifts even if I never get a thank you note. Once they hit 18...you get one shot...then you get a card instead of a gift.

Back
Top Bottom