kids today!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, Jul 17, 2010.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  2. the lemon tree

the lemon tree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    While it is reasonable, it may not be possible, as not everyone can have the lifestyle and space to have their own cow. I would LOVE to drink fresh milk, but won't-and can't- be getting my own Jersey anytime soon, so I am forced to buy from the store. I do try, however, to buy from stores that source from local farms, when possible.

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Sorry. I am not too sympathetic. Having been involved with the dairy industry for many years I can tell you there is nothing wrong with store bought milk. I worked as a milker on a commercial cow dairy for many years and I had a goat dairy for even longer. I have consumed both commercially and home produced dairy products and I don't see anything wrong with any of them. You can't beat fresh Jersey milk though. Just because something tastes a little different from what you are used to, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it. Store milk is not putrid. I cannot say the same for some carelessly produced back yard milk I have encountered.The dairy industry is governed by some very strict health regulations and guidelines. That is something I have experienced first hand.

4. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i truly apologize, i totally meant this tongue in cheek.
    [​IMG]

seriously, just because its store bought doesnt mean it will kill you or that its horribly deficient in nutrients.

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Ooops!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by