Kiki's B's Birthday Bash Backyard BBQ Bunny Banquet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
If your doctor acts like you're dumb for asking questions, it's time to find another doctor. Just because you're in nursing school doesn't mean you should be expected to understand anything more than anyone else. Don't ever tell them and never be ashamed to ask any question. I'm a (long) retired cardiac nurse. I never, ever admit this to any health-care worker. Everything's changed, but they would assume a certain level of knowledge I just don't have anymore.

Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia) is a medical condition. I don't know a lot about it except it's more common in the elderly. I would search "dysphagia mayo clinic." You'll get a (usually fairly superficial) run-down on it, info you can trust. Then you'll be ready to look into it more deeply. It may be associated with your IBS, or a separate problem. Both can be exacerbated by anxiety and of course, both will cause anxiety, so... vicious circle. DO NOT let them give you ANY sedative before you research exceedingly thoroughly. That can be worse than anything you're already dealing with.
Thank you sooooo much!! I really appreciate your advice. Its not that my doctor acts like I'm dumb I just feel like I'm always coming up with some other problem after we get one figured out. It also makes me feel like I'm imagining things sometimes, especially when your symptoms sound rather dumb. its rather humorous actually...she would have been one of my professors if I had been in nursing school a couple of years earlier. But I will definitely let her know what I'm having issues with. She said that if the issues weren't resolved by this appointment she was gonna refer me to a gastroenterologist.

It's getting very dark here, very suddenly. Just checked the weather or storm warnings ... and fund tornado watch/warnings til 10 pm. I REALLY don't like this new weather pattern. Until 2 years ago, we pretty much NEVER got tornadoes. Nowadays, they're pretty regular - small, but any tornado is rotten in my book! Time to go batten down the hatches.
Same warnings down here.

Bacon. 🥓
20200903_183243.jpg

If your doctor acts like you're dumb for asking questions, it's time to find another doctor. Just because you're in nursing school doesn't mean you should be expected to understand anything more than anyone else. Don't ever tell them and never be ashamed to ask any question. I'm a (long) retired cardiac nurse. I never, ever admit this to any health-care worker. Everything's changed, but they would assume a certain level of knowledge I just don't have anymore.

Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia) is a medical condition. I don't know a lot about it except it's more common in the elderly. I would search "dysphagia mayo clinic." You'll get a (usually fairly superficial) run-down on it, info you can trust. Then you'll be ready to look into it more deeply. It may be associated with your IBS, or a separate problem. Both can be exacerbated by anxiety and of course, both will cause anxiety, so... vicious circle. DO NOT let them give you ANY sedative before you research exceedingly thoroughly. That can be worse than anything you're already dealing with.
Really great explanation, I like the Mayo Clinic site for reliable information as well.
You have to be careful of all the BS on the net, so I rarely recommend people look up symptoms. However Mayo Clinic is always a safe place to start if you are going to look up medical things on your own.
@gointothebirdsfarm Do please see the Dr. as there as so many things this could be and some should be cared for ASAP

View attachment 2319080
had to kill some time while waiting for groceries so Bash participants choice....which for me and which for mr muddy???
@muddy75 the dark purple sparkles (on the left) for Mr. Muddy
Pink and blue for you, either all one color or alternate colors on each finger and toe.
Or toes one color and fingers the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom