Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Pics
I found it! It was in just the third box I unpacked.

Clean the dressed carcass under running hot water. Quarter it and soak it over night in a solution of saltwater and 1/4 c ACV.

Bring to a boil on the stove and then remove from heat and discard the water. Repeat.

Transfer to a Crock-Pot. Add 1 quarered yellow onion and 2 quartered bell peppers and 2 bay leaves. Also add 1 can of Dr. Pepper. Cook until it will easily come off of the bone.

Debone the carcass and shred the meat. Skim the fat off of the cooking liquid and discard. Remove all cooking liquid except for 1/2 cup. Remove bay leaves. Add meat back to Crock-Pot.

Add 1 finely chopped purple onion, 1 finely chopped bell pepper and one finely chopped jalapeno.

Add 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, 1/4 c ACV, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1TBS yellow mustard, 1 TBS Chili powder, 2 TBS minced garlic, 1 tsp thyme. Cook until veggies are soft and meat is permeated by the sauce.
DH brought a coon home he had killed while hunting, during his first marriage. He cleaned it and prepped it for the pot and first wife threw it in a pot, covered it with canned beef gravy, said he could have it for dinner if he wanted and she went out to eat without him. :lau:lau:gig :sick

Last edited:
I found it! It was in just the third box I unpacked.

Clean the dressed carcass under running hot water. Quarter it and soak it over night in a solution of saltwater and 1/4 c ACV.

Bring to a boil on the stove and then remove from heat and discard the water. Repeat.

Transfer to a Crock-Pot. Add 1 quarered yellow onion and 2 quartered bell peppers and 2 bay leaves. Also add 1 can of Dr. Pepper. Cook until it will easily come off of the bone.

Debone the carcass and shred the meat. Skim the fat off of the cooking liquid and discard. Remove all cooking liquid except for 1/2 cup. Remove bay leaves. Add meat back to Crock-Pot.

Add 1 finely chopped purple onion, 1 finely chopped bell pepper and one finely chopped jalapeno.

Add 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, 1/4 c ACV, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1TBS yellow mustard, 1 TBS Chili powder, 2 TBS minced garlic, 1 tsp thyme. Cook until veggies are soft and meat is permeated by the sauce.
I will have him try it out... might but not be anytime soon. We will have a house full of people for a few days!
Thank you!! He was curious how it would be cooked! Now we know!

Holding my breath for you and the horse eggs. Great idea to wax the cracked egg- I would have never thought of that.
I learned about the wax here on BYC!
I never would have thought of it either.

Back
Top Bottom