Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Okay, can the turkey breeders help me out here?

I candled the other egg. Perfectly clear with tiny air cell. No cracks, nothing.

Cracked egg has a MUCH larger air cell and is NOT clear. There is a big blob, no veins.

The clear egg is smaller, does not appear to be from the same hen. What does all this mean? I'm thinking cracked egg is dead and clear eggs is either infertile or fresh and unbrooded.
Can you post pics of each?

Okay, can the turkey breeders help me out here?

I candled the other egg. Perfectly clear with tiny air cell. No cracks, nothing.

Cracked egg has a MUCH larger air cell and is NOT clear. There is a big blob, no veins.

The clear egg is smaller, does not appear to be from the same hen. What does all this mean? I'm thinking cracked egg is dead and clear eggs is either infertile or fresh and unbrooded.

And, I'm thinking that's why the eggs got kicked out of the nest.

Is this cracked egg stopping?
Notice no veins today.
View attachment 1375856 View attachment 1375857
You tried your best, mother nature is a factor we can never really count on. DH says to tell you "you are a true scientist, thank you" Same here, this thread has been full of great info as well as all the laughs. I wouldn't give up yet, but if nothing changes in the next day or two, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. As with all things we will see. :fl

Back
Top Bottom