Kiki's found horse eggs—experiment Round 2

Wait. What about the eggs under the hen? Oh man. My boss wants that hen to hatch poults but if they're only fed corn...

And not mention that the hen sitting is 1 year old.
They may hatch...they may not.
A LOT of people hatch eggs from "regularly" fed birds.
Some of these people just don't know that they should up the vitamins and minerals of the parent stock for a while before they even collect eggs.

So this is day 17?
img_20180506_074645-jpg.1375860

Still or forced air? I ask because I'm not convinced your humidity reading was correct. Or in other words too high I understand what you said however with that large of a chick i SEE high humidity. I may and could be wrong but it's just what I see with a chick that looks like it was too big to zip. You can research how the Styrofoam incubators are notorious for high humidity problems and people have had great results with humidity as low as 15%. I cannot use them cause just my ambient (very important) humidity is too high even for dry hatch. I know people gonna say I'm wrong and that's fine but I've been breeding for a while now and went through the exact issue I see with that specific chick. They get too big and can pip but cannot turn to zip the shell. They either internally or most times externally pip but are stuck. You can see in your pictures how could that chick have turned in that shell. It's at least worth a shot to see

Back
Top Bottom