Kiki's Fresh Freaky Friday Fun Fudge Fantastic-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the opposite of work is fun, right? So, the suggestion that your dream job is something that "never feels like work" implies that the job is always fun/ enjoyable/ rewarding. The reality is that no job is like that. 100% of the time You will always have bad days, obnoxious co-workers, bureaucratic incompetence, awful clients etc. that you have to deal with at least some of the time. IMO loving your job (which I do!) means you feel that the good aspects of your job, the things you find rewarding, enjoyable, or worthwhile, ultimately out weigh all the crappy parts of your job. But the idea that you won't sometimes be miserable, even at a job you love, is dumb.
I think you guys are reading way too much into it. :lau :th it was just some saying I found online a while ago and thought was nice or inspiring or whatever. The overall point and message of it I’m pretty sure is to just find something you love and that makes you happy or whatever. I’m sure it didn’t literally mean you’ll never have bad days ever or whatever. And you’re right, not every day will be great. Of course. But that wasn’t the point of it.

:lau that’s why you guys are twins!!! Though I’m curious how it’s bull ? Lol of course you’d still work but it’s basically just saying it won’t feel like work if you love it. Which made sense to me? :confused:
I just don't believe that, and I hate what that saying implies.
Bones summed up my thoughts pretty well. I also believe there is a serious problem with mental wellness in the US, particularly in the medical field and the "workaholic" mindset that employers push. "If I become a vet because I love animals/medicine, then burnout must mean that I wasn't passionate enough, or didn't put enough of my heart into my work." Of course it's always the exact opposite—the purest hearts get broken first.
But I've gone on the veterinary burnout/suicide rate rant before and this is a party thread, after all.
I think you guys are reading way too much into it. :lau :th it was just some saying I found online a while ago and thought was nice or inspiring or whatever. The overall point and message of it I’m pretty sure is to just find something you love and that makes you happy or whatever. I’m sure it didn’t literally mean you’ll never have bad days ever or whatever. And you’re right, not every day will be great. Of course. But that wasn’t the point of it.
You asked. :idunno

it’s basically just saying it won’t feel like work if you love it. Which made sense to me? :confused:

Two things: First, I was responding to what you wrote (see above). And what you wrote is a very literal interpretation. Second, it is quite rude to ask for an explanation, and then dismiss the answer out of hand as "overthinking."

Bones summed up my thoughts pretty well. I also believe there is a serious problem with mental wellness in the US, particularly in the medical field and the "workaholic" mindset that employers push. "If I become a vet because I love animals/medicine, then burnout must mean that I wasn't passionate enough, or didn't put enough of my heart into my work." Of course it's always the exact opposite—the purest hearts get broken first.
But I've gone on the veterinary burnout/suicide rate rant before and this is a party thread, after all.

I love you 😘

Another good point. I don't feel well tonight and that makes me cranky so I think I will slink quietly off to bed.

Good night all!!! See you tomorrow :)
:hugs me neither. Goodnight my dear!

Some banana bread makes everything better.
Feeling too sick to dig in tonight, but y'all KNOW I'm having 'nana bread for breakfast.
IMG_20200808_223143~2.jpg

Two things: First, I was responding to what you wrote (see above). And what you wrote is a very literal interpretation. Second, it is quite rude to ask for an explanation, and then dismiss the answer out of hand as "overthinking."
I’m sorry, I really wasn’t trying to be rude. :oops: nor was I trying to dismiss your answers because you both made excellent points. I was just trying to say that I had never thought of it like that before nor thought of it so deeply but I realize now looking back how it could have come across as rude or dismissive, especially with the emojis used, so I am sorry. :oops: I wasn’t trying to be rude or make fun of it or anything. You guys are absolutely right. It’s just the other saying reminded me of that one so I thought I’d share it. But I’m sorry :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom