Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
So I did cook something for the fam, then I walked outside to check on the birds and Holy 🤬.... thought I'd stepped into an oven. Pretty sure I left part of me melted out there between the house and the barn. Birdies ain't happy either.

Someone can turn off the oven now please!
It's only 92 here today.
Not as bad as it's been all week

:loveHadn't heard that one in a while!

Add a handful of years and the fact I was about half that size...but yep, that's about right. I started 4-H at 8 yro and usually showed Polled Herefords because it was our farm's breed.
Couple of times I tried a different breed, even an Angus once (and only once!!) but nothing beat the red and white teddy bears.

Um, maybe?? Depends how long the farm has been around. When I was younger and lived in NOVA we would often go over to MD for crabs, or to the Bay, or the shore, and eating good while were out was always top of the list! I do not remember the dairy brands we got at the time, but oh they were good!!
I know when I lived out west, Tillamook was THE brand for cheese, dairy, and ice cream. Something about being on the coast just made for better dairy goodness. I'm guessing it's the same for Sis' farm.
Nope - it's a fairly new product for them. They're part of the Land O'Lakes cooperative, so most of their milk goes for cheese, anyway. When prices started dropping, they looked for a way to expand. This was a good fit ... and it's REALLY good stuff! My personal favorites are - depending on my mood and what wine's on hand - the Black Peppercorn Cheddar and the Horseradish Cheddar ... although the Smoked Onion Cheddar is really good, too - and he Cider House is really unique - kinda sweet and tart at the same time. I'm a bit of a cheese snob - and I really like this stuff, no matter who's making it!

Back
Top Bottom