Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
Sounds like you have quite the wealth of experience! :bow
I know very little about fresh-water fish. DH is the fish expert in our house. He has a tank of tropical fish, shrimp, snails. and plants. But I have been learning more about saltwater livestock since we adopted my friend's nano tank last month.
No, I'm just a nerd who likes to read about everything. 🤓 And I forgot I had ghost shrimp too. Those were cool! I want more of those for sure. What's in your guys' tropical tank and what's in the nano?

Never mind, I just saw the other response. :love :love

Last edited:
No, I'm just a nerd who likes to read about everything. 🤓 And I forgot I had ghost shrimp too. Those were cool! I want more of those for sure. What's in your guys' tropical tank and what's in the nano?

Learning is fun! :cool:

Here is the rundown of the nano saltwater
It is a 20 gallong FOWLR setup (no corals). When we adopted the tank there was a pair of maroon clownfish, a yellow-watchman goby, 2 zombie snails, and a fighting conch. Since then we have added two blue-legged hermit crabs and a candy stripe pistol shrimp. The shrimp bonded with the goby immediately which was super cool. They are besties now :D

The man's tank has cherry shrimp, blue velvet shrimp, blue mystery snails, glowlight danios and a variety of freshwater plants. I admit I had to go ask what some of his pets were called :oops:

Make sure it's not this:
http://minnesotaseasons.com/Plants/mountain_death_camas.html

View attachment 2252707
mountain_death_camas_(elegans)_05.jpg

Cattle might be able to eat it (idk), but people must not. But it does look a lot like onions. We have a lot of it here.
Death Camas looks more like a hyacinth than it looks like wild onions.
Death Camas
Wild_flower_1_P5151607_05-15-2005-001a.jpg

Prairie Onion
Prairie_onion_P6042125_06-04-2005-001a.jpg

Whatcha got again? I remember a pic of some nice looking gold something or anothers, but it was late and my brain turns to mush after 10 my time.
The 3" ones are Goliath Giant and the 4" ones are the discontinued Northern Exposure. I have to go with short season tomatoes here.

Milk is necessary for many cooked items and of course hot cocoa. Good whipped cream is wonderful.

Milk as something to drink is disgusting. Even more disgusting is a squirt of hot milk straight from the teat. I spit it out immediately.
The first time my sister had the family over to her place with Bobby Goodrow (her pet name for her farmer husband) was an adventure. Dinner was amazing. Dessert was super rich (and also amazing!) but there was no milk in the fridge-jug for our coffee. We took the jug down to the milk house to fill it from the tank, but the truck had come during dinner and the tank was empty. Not to be put off, Mom and I went back to the house to retrieve our coffee mugs and walked them into the parlor, where milking was just beginning. BG obligingly took each of our mugs and proceeded to squirt "just enough" into each. That was, without a doubt, the most memorable cup of coffee I've ever had ... TRUE STORY!

Back
Top Bottom