Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
At my college they have some of the medical classes in person but they're being very strict about taking temperatures, masks, and social distancing. There are some classes that you just can't do online. Like phlebotomy.
I am dreading this whole back to school crap.
I still don't know what I'm going to do with the mini.

I used to make dried tomato paste, too - like your brittle. I guess I need to get another dehydrator. I just don't trust the electric in my 100 year old house enough to leave it running for days at a time.
My last place was like that and I wouldn't even leave a crock pot on low without being around it. Surge strip maybe? On mine I can choose the heat setting, so maybe a lower heat even though it's for a longer time? The bigger trays and more open body really helps push the air around too, so things take less time than the smaller circular ones.

One thing I love about drying kale, spinach, and swiss chard is that it dries super fast. A matter of just hours. Shredded zucchini/squash too. The smaller the bits the better. And my tomato purees are usually done in one day. The more sugar something has, added or natural, the longer things take to dry so I did more apple bits or slices at the old place. I could always plump them back up easily to make pie filling whenever I wanted. (if they didn't get eaten first)

Last edited:
What grade is he in? I might be able to help with homeschooling from time to time, if you decide to go that route.
He's supposed to be going to 5th grade..well I mean he's going to 5th grade and he's supposed to be going to a new school building.

Back
Top Bottom