Kiki's WeekEND Home Made Goodie Goodness

Will the Dog show up today?

• Total voters
Got a fridge full of quail yet?
Nah, I ended up just separating some of them for now
I bet he did with your googley eyes drooling over him.
:lau I didn’t realize he was cute till later lol
IME (for what that's worth), if a rooster is human aggressive, it tends to get worse not better as it matures. They generally get better with the hens as they learn their moves. Sooooo, if you're okay with him attacking you, and there are no littles around and your family is okay with it, you can decide whether to put up with this behavior or not.

My two up-and-coming thugs attack me less and less as my aim improves. (Sorry if that offends anyone, but I can't throw a random stick hard enough to hurt anything anyway. 🤷‍♀️) I am about ready to do a butchering-for-stock day. Just waiting to make sure I have a few likely lads ready to step up to the plate.
Thanks! This makes a lot of sense and is very helpful! He’s not really too bad yet, he’s only done it a few times and they’ve all been fake charges (he stops when I confront him) but he did come from the front once so he’s getting bolder. I was thinking he might just be scared of me cause we all kinda chase him away sometimes even before? I was thinking maybe if I showed him I’m not scary he’d stop? But idk. He’s only ever done it when he’s protecting his girls it seems. Like once when I scared the chicks and they spooked/flew and another time when I got too close to the coop. If he gets worse I’ll definitely butcher him (I have another one) but so far he’s never actually gotten close enough to make contact cause he stops.

If I ever get a crop of apricots, I will get a dehydrator.

Back in '71, there was a small orchard where I lived. One particular tree produced apples about 3 times the size of small crabapples. They were very sweet. I peeled, cored and sliced them. I then hung them in the basement on a string. Those were the best homemade chips that I have ever had.
Not the sort of chips you'd want to slather in onion dip. I LOVE homemade apple chips! :love

DD made the mistake of wearing her cracked watch into the creek a few days ago, so now it's kaput. She's HATING that tan line ... it's hysterical!
😂🤣😂 I took mine off at the beach. No way I was taking it in the salt water lol I’m mad though cause I did tons of walking and swimming in the water and I bet it would have put me over 10K 😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom