Kiki's White Trash and or Nerdy Birthday Bash Funeral

Yeah, chickens don't herd very well, do they? Geese, turkeys, yes. Ducks, maybe a little—if you have two people. Chickens? :lau Yeah, right.:gig:th
My Nankins fly REALLY well. Herding them is like herding seagulls! Luckily, they're just as food motivated as gulls, so as long as I'm not above a bit of bribery, I can get usually get everyone back in ... eventually.

Mr Muddy is on board to start low sodium diet! he’s been printing sample meal plans and looking at stuff to make our own bacon etc. he seems excited but it’s gonna be extra work for me too 🤣
It's not as awful as it sounds. The first thing to do is go through all of your spices and toss any seasoned salts ... like garlic salt, onion salt, mixes that have salt listed as a main ingredient. Most, if not ALL of them have salt in them ... especially taco seasonings. Then replace them all with single-spice containers. Garlic POWDER, Onion POWDER, & such. Lemon pepper is a good go-to for removing salt but keeping spices, just read the label to make sure it's JUST lemon and pepper.

I had to go almost completely salt-free when my Dad got sick, years ago. I never cook with it and only rarely add it at the table, now. My biggest change was cutting down on soy sauce. I LOVE soy sauce! I went with the lower sodium option and TRY to cut down on volume ... but I have to admit to cheating a bit ... okay a LOT, but still, I'm doing better.

If I can't get the flavor I want with plain spices, I add lemon or lime juice - they are both flavor enhancers, just like salt. You can also cook with flavored oils. Making your own hot pepper or orange oils is easy - and olive oil is a good flavor enhancer, too.

There are also lots of DIY mixes online. I've found some great taco seasonings and soup starter mixes there. You'll be surprised what you can find ... and how much better things taste once you get the hang of it. I can't even put salt on my corn-on-the-cob, now. A truly good sweet corn needs no seasoning ... except maybe a touch of butter ... unsalted, of course!

An Aussie can EASILY take the place of two people herding ducks - even if you triple the number of birds!
We used ducks to start puppies on because ducks do herd so well.
Never had luck with chickens, guineas or turkeys. Geese worked well but sometimes turned on the puppies and charged.

Chicken burrito!!! 🥰🤗
20200805_141413.jpg

She growled at me the whole time. :lau

Back
Top Bottom