Kiki's White Trash and or Nerdy Birthday Bash Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

MROO

Enabler
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
These are sand wasps. They are a solitary wasp that lives in a burrow underground. I have never had any of these be aggressive. There are lots of other wasps that look similar. I doubt you have sand wasps since they don't survive wet ground conditions. I have also never seen these in the water.
My guess is that once they get IN the water, you'll never see them get OUT of it ... ever again. What a way to clog a filter!

CindyinSD

All will be well, and that will be well is well.
Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Black Hills, South Dakota, USA
I also free range mine most days and it’s harder for me to keep track of everybody the more I have. 😂🤣 Not that I need to but I am paranoid and go count them all several times throughout the day when they’re out or if I don’t see them 😂🤣
Ohmygoodness! I really, really don't know how many I have. 🤷‍♀️ I love the way they all come running when they see me, though. :love :love :love

CindyinSD

Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Read this the other day;

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
Well... I know I can pitch manure... :gig

CindyinSD

Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
What dummy came up with that hogwash? 🤣 🤣 🤣
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

― Robert A. Heinlein
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/12051-a-human-being-should-be-able-to-change-a-diaper

CindyinSD

Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
I just have never had a flock that couldn't figure out how to get back in the coop at night. And herding chickens is a real pain in the butt!
Yeah, chickens don't herd very well, do they? Geese, turkeys, yes. Ducks, maybe a little—if you have two people. Chickens? :lau Yeah, right.:gig:th

CindyinSD

Premium Feather Member
Aug 3, 2018
Not these ones lol. As soon as the tom matured he turned into a real asshole, always guarding their back door and not letting anyone in or out.
They roost on their patio and poop everywhere; difficult to get back into the coop, but good herding practice for their Aussie puppy.
Doesn't make them good or bad, but they won't be missed.
I feed everyone at night. My turkeys flock all around me as I carry their feed bucket toward their yard. There are a couple of them that hop out at night and greet me at the back door as I go to let the rest out in the morning. I don't make them sleep inside, though. They like the open sky above them—even with rain or snow or wind. Hail, they draw the line at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom