Kiki's White Trash and or Nerdy Birthday Bash Funeral

I've never been to your part of the AT, but you shouldn't consider it a single entity. The AT is comprised of many, many segments short and long.

It looks like the autocracy has closed the amenities and would much prefer that the peasantry sequester themselves in their basements, but who cares about visitors centers and nasty ill-kept privies anyway? You can still hike the trail. Grab a couple of friends, pick out a day-hike sized segment, pack a lunch and go for it!
Hmmmmm ... I wonder if Dan likes to hike?

~10 days late.....

Love the pics of the puppy & insects y'all!

I have hiked a part of the AT back in summer '93/'94 around the Great Smokey Mountain Nat'l park. It was a summer college class that was 3 credits P.E. & 3 credits earth science. Part of it was a 3 days in, 3 days out hike with both instructors and the class was about 20 folks. We had to carry all our stuff in our own pack for the "hike" and some folks had issues in preparing for it. I was just outta the Navy so my physical fitness level was much higher then 75% of the class. It also had a fun section where we got to ride the rapids on the Chatooga(sp) river... Overall it was a blast.

Take one or two of your dogs with you. I am sure they would love it and protect you well.
Sadly they’re not my dogs; they’re my brothers. :( although I’m sure they’d let me take them although probably not by myself haha
You should look into the Natchez Trace. You can ‘hike’ the entire length in your car. ;)
That actually looks really cool!! Maybe I will eventually lol
The're always on the wrong side of a closed door, aren't they?

And yes, I did get the book - and it's wonderful! The issue is that DD is supposed to be "In Charge" of Crazy Dog and has not even cracked the cover. I've been applying the logic and it's definitely helping, but with only me doing the training, it's just not consistent enough. She's improving, but we have three years of "untraining" and some pretty severe separation anxiety to get through.
Crazy Dog isn't nearly as bad as she used to be and we've learned how to set up her environment to avoid most of the temptations. Still, we miss things here and there, so she'll have a setback now and again ... but we're getting there!
Awesome!!! I’m glad it’s helping!! :)

No... you need to go with a friend or two. Hiking is almost always better with company. Is it really that unsafe in the backcountry of MA, or are you making fun?
There is no backcountry in MA 😂 at least not that I know of. Just not enough woods. I was thinking of like real, actual backcountry and deep woods like the mountains of New Hampshire or like the North Woods in Maine (huuuuugeeeeee swath of wilderness by Canada) or like out West somewhere. Like actual middle of nowhere type stuff.

Although I have no idea if it’s actually unsafe or not but I’m just paranoid. 😂

Like there’s bears and moose and who knows what else out there. And if you get hurt, no ambulances.

Oh and about the AT, I’m sure I could do parts of it and I’m sure I will eventually, hadn’t really thought of that before, but I was more meaning it’d be cool to thru hike it sometime. But that will never happen 😂🤣 the books that I read were people’s stories that thru hiked it and it sounded fun or I guess maybe not really fun but like a really cool experience. Like you have a lot of time to think and grow 😂🤣 but I’ll stick to day hiking for now.

Just seen this today on my way into town.

My mother knows them apparently. He does handyman work. :lau
20200806_143437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom