Kiki's Yoga Party. Game over

Pick the next party theme:

• Total voters
No I didn't mean the people that work there... I meant the people that live there.
Do you get attached to your old ladies and then they die on you?
Oooops sorry. I have not worked there long enough to form any serious attachments with the people that have died since I have been there. However I am getting more and more attached to some of the residents now (I knew I would: we were warned that these people would become like family) and that would really hurt if some of them would die now. Itll just get harder I'm afraid...but I am going into the medical profession so I may as well get used to it. However that does NOT mean that I should distance myself from them...

Yes there is. It's one of those places where the residents are nice but I do not appreciate a lot of people's attitudes. There are people who become CNAS (or GDAs, like me) just for the job. There are others who chose those jobs because they love working with and helping people, and making their last days better.Those are the kind of people that are amazing to work with, because they put their heart into their job. It can be extremely hard to be patient, especially when you are overworked, understaffed, and underpaid, but these are PEOPLE, not tasks. I love the geriatric population, and it really bothers me when I see or head older people get yelled at for something that is not their fault...one of these days they may be in a nursing home themselves, and would they want the kind of care they gave their residents? Just something I am passionate about...
A while back my then girlfriend wanted to become a CNA but she didn't want to do it alone so I did it with her. During clinicals That is one thing that stood out to me. Some (alot) was there just for a job and it was disheartening to see how some of the elderly were treated. I know how you feel

Have you been paying attention to what you eat?
I still weigh less than you do😌. Honestly though I am...i am working on figuring out what triggers me. I am almost certain it is IBS now, because a lot of my symptoms point to that. No more eating three or four slices of pizza...one is the limit. I am making sure I dont get really hungry, cause that makes me sick, so I ate a piece of strawberry pie this morning (now hang on, dont yell yet), a granola bar at 1:00, a bit of chicken, noodles, and a roll at 3:30, and then fish, mac and cheese, and strawberry pie for supper tonight. Not big portions, just enough to keep my stomach happy. And I am trying to drink more water too...I drank two and a half plus bottles of water today. I know my menu doesnt sound very healthy, but I'm working on it...

Back
Top Bottom