killing a dog that killed your poultry

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by FireWolf60, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Songster

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
  2. FireWolf60

FireWolf60 In the Brooder

Mar 10, 2011
    but if the dog had a tag or even if i knew the dog belonged to the neighbor even if it did do what it did. i wouldn't have done what i did

3. FireWolf60

Mar 10, 2011
    dogs are hard to predict. the dog was here the other day and it did bark at me before it ran off. it barked at me before i grabbed a hold of it

4. FireWolf60

Mar 10, 2011
    i've owned lhasa apsos still own one. he can wag his tail one minute and try to take a chunk out of you the next :)

5. pride&joy

pride&joy Songster

Quote:2x:thumbsup

6. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Songster

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Quote:I learned the hard way Unless its federally protected Shoot Shovel and Shut up the 3 S's of owning poultry its a golden rule we live by. I Had a state trapper here once he told me the bobcats were not gonna bother my flock anymore and there wasnt much he could do about them.Unless they came on my property he stated he would put some hanging traps in the travel path and leg holds down and a cage by the water source and see what he came up with. But in his proffesional opinion the cat wouldnt return. well um........
    4 days later there were dead cats every where. mom pops and a cub. get my drift?
    Some things are best left unspoken.

7. FireWolf60

Mar 10, 2011
    normally if i see a dog around i shoo him away. i don't shoot him. do i fear now? yes i do. i fear seeing any dog on my property now that this has happened. i have fear on some dog running around slaughtering my livestock. i should have done something the last two times i saw him wandering around............wishing i had now

8. theFox

theFox Songster

Sep 21, 2009
    Standish, Maine
    Quote:Not a problem in most states, the law usually says that merely a dog bothering the animals of another.

9. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Songster

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Quote:Electric fences work wonders as well. I dont use em but I hear on here there life savers. We just eradicate anything that doesnt cluck.

10. FireWolf60

Mar 10, 2011
    well we got the first S right sadly we were slow on the middle and last s LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: