killing a dog that killed your poultry

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes I understand that But in confining the dog did the OP know if he was gonna be attacked by this dog or not? Did he have fear the dog would turn on him? all of these are written in the laws theres pages of them.
I only linked a few. http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusscst47_3_10_47_7_170.htm
thumbsup.gif

but if the dog had a tag or even if i knew the dog belonged to the neighbor even if it did do what it did. i wouldn't have done what i did

dogs are hard to predict. the dog was here the other day and it did bark at me before it ran off. it barked at me before i grabbed a hold of it

i've owned lhasa apsos still own one. he can wag his tail one minute and try to take a chunk out of you the next :)

Quote:
I learned the hard way Unless its federally protected Shoot Shovel and Shut up the 3 S's of owning poultry its a golden rule we live by. I Had a state trapper here once he told me the bobcats were not gonna bother my flock anymore and there wasnt much he could do about them.Unless they came on my property he stated he would put some hanging traps in the travel path and leg holds down and a cage by the water source and see what he came up with. But in his proffesional opinion the cat wouldnt return. well um........
4 days later there were dead cats every where. mom pops and a cub. get my drift?
Some things are best left unspoken.

normally if i see a dog around i shoo him away. i don't shoot him. do i fear now? yes i do. i fear seeing any dog on my property now that this has happened. i have fear on some dog running around slaughtering my livestock. i should have done something the last two times i saw him wandering around............wishing i had now

well we got the first S right sadly we were slow on the middle and last s LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom