Killing a skunk that is coming after my chickens

rcoop

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 4, 2013
In NH, I know there is a law where you can actually kill a neighbors dog (yes, you read that correctly) "if he out of the care of its owner…worrying, wounding, or killing sheep, lambs, fowl, or other domestic animals." Is it legal for me to kill a skunk that is coming after my chickens??

In NH, I know there is a law where you can actually kill a neighbors dog (yes, you read that correctly) "if he out of the care of its owner…worrying, wounding, or killing sheep, lambs, fowl, or other domestic animals." Is it legal for me to kill a skunk that is coming after my chickens??
That depends on two things. 1 who sees you do the deed. 2 how deep you dig the hole. LOL

I would call you're local animal control.
They may be willing to trap it and get rid of it for you.
I live in N.H. and find the animal control people helpful in these situations.

Not sure of the law but I prefer to leave predators and nature unharmed. A fortified and secure run will deter any predator so I would concentrate on shoring up your coop/run. A perimeter fence is also needed if you free range. Hope this helps!

Not sure of the law but I prefer to leave predators and nature unharmed. A fortified and secure run will deter any predator so I would concentrate on shoring up your coop/run. A perimeter fence is also needed if you free range. Hope this helps!

I agree

instead of killing the predator which is vital to the cycle of life

I would fortify my coop and make sure the predators cant get to them

Back
Top Bottom