Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Im gonna have to try that. lol.
ya.gif

Hmm. Im gonna have to try that here at home. i have had no time to stay home because of work. Do you process chickens for other people if you do im looking for someone to do it for me.

thx so much.
we just processed 5 roos.

we have a few questions-
why did the dark feathers leave a goo in the holes?
and is it neccesary to get it all out?
i put them in the fridge in freezer bags. when can we
eat them and when should i move them to the freezer?

thx again

~*B*~ :

oh one more sorry
what were those white bean shaped things
inside them?
thx

Probably what made them roosters instead of hens
big_smile.png

Awesome post. I have always wondered how to properly kill and clean a chicken. It's a little graphic but hey that's how it's done! Thanks for the step by step process.

Frugal... Amazing post! This is what I refered to for my first few chickens. Thanks. You made a daunting task much easier. I made the chicken stock, smells so yummy. Mine never got gelatinous, any idea why? Maybe not enough feet in it? Also, I was wondering, what do you use the chicken heads for? Thought about saving mine but wasn't sure what for, other than dog food. Blessings...
yippiechickie.gif
My broth did finally get thick, it just had to sit longer.

Last edited:
We, too, used this for the "how to" on butchering roos. After 12 down (and a sore, aching back) we declare a success!
big_smile.png
Tomorrow is chicken stock day. 24 feet should make a good stock! And boy was it amazing to see what some of the roos eat. One of the roos ate a marble (not sure where that came from
idunno.gif
We don't have kids and neither of us play marbles) and another roo had sticks and irrigation drip tube in his gizzard.
ep.gif
I think tomorrow may include finding out which trees have missing drip tube.
hmm.png
The rest were "normal"...including the mean one, who had a gizzard full of feathers.

Back
Top Bottom