Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
ya.gif
Awesome tutorial!! Perfect for working up my courage!!

Wow!! that was some realy good footage. Ineed to get me one of them cones. Thats reali cool!!! Good job and thanks. Oh by the way is that the ggod book in your hand? I like that also.
big_smile.png

I'm a newbie to chickens. It's time for processing and this is sooo wonderful! Thank you for all the effort you put into this.
big_smile.png

in the first pic, i love your big ol grin with the bloody bucket behind ya
tongue.png

the gizzard part was very interesting.

GOOD JOB!
thumbsup.gif

Question to Frugal (and anyone else who uses the heads) -- I noticed that in the picture with all the "extras" that the chicken heads look more pink than in the picture where you're cutting it off from the neck. Do you take the skin off the heads? Was there any other preparation for the heads before you used them to make your chicken stock? Yes, I'm a newbie...
hu.gif

~Chris

I didn't know you could use the heads in the broth... doesn't the goopy stuff (brains, eyes, etc) make the broth gross?

Thanks for the great pictures and information. It really helped us out today. We had to butcher a hen who broke her leg in a very bad spot and we went ahead and butchered 2 roo's that needed to be gone to. This was first time for us butchering chickens expect for when we were kids so we deffinataly needed the refresher course. Know we will be ready and more perpared for when our cornish crosses are ready to butcher.

Thanks for the great info!
big_smile.png

I've read through some other how-to's that had detailed pictures and I thought they were very well written. But this is by far the best "tutorial" on butchering!

Back
Top Bottom