Killing, Plucking, Eviscerating, & Cutting Up Your Chicken - Graphic!

Pics
Wow. That was WAY better than i could have done!
smile.png
I wouldn't want to cut the head off though(I would have someone else do that part:) )

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this post! I have read many "how tos" on this topic, but the pictures are a really great help. I am raising my first batch of chicks now and they are going to be layers, but I'd really like to be able to do meat birds too... and learning to kill and process them has to be the hardest part...

Thank you so much!!

I really appriciated the pictures, and deem this tutorial WELL worth the 4 hours it took to Download it!! ( dial up SUCKS!LOL)
But THANK YOU!!

I reckon I could have fiqured it out, but its not like a deer, squirrel or pig, so it would have taken a while! LOL

This was a fantastic post!
Thanks for all of those pictures.

I am gearing up to butcher my first 2 roosters.
Glad that I saw how gross it will be bleeding them out.
I figured as much, but seeing it helps prepare me more.

Hopefully this week... weather and time permitting

Quote:
If you use a black plastic liner in the garbage can, or whatever you're catching the blood in, it's much less noticeable, less off-putting if you have issues with that. And I use gloves. I use those blue plastic ones but there are black ones you can buy.

Hubby has shot down my plans. I put my roosters on Craigslist tonight. But SOMEDAY I may do this. I hope this post always stays here.. it is very informative!

I like the garbage can idea too... thanks!

John,

I have to say that first pic is a riot, you grinning and the blood behind you.

But That Is The Way It Is

When you butcher. Your tutorials are spot on, thank you for sharing.

For those of us that eat the eggs, and the chickens, we thank you. Some folks have their chickens for eggs and pets..... the rest of us have them for eggs and meat.

Bless your hearts, I am sorry for those that only use the eggs. The rest of us need to know how to use the entire chicken.

Thanks again, John!

Cheri

Back
Top Bottom