Kind of a weird one for the experts

Amoxicillin can possibly help if she has an early infection, but it is hard to know. There are no guarantees, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt her. Dosage is 125 mg twice a day for 7 days for a bantam, or 250mg if she is a regular size hen.

Ok my vet finally got back. She’s giving me some enrofloxacin and a dewormer based on the poop pics I sent her. She says the enro is a liquid that

Sorry my post got cut off. The Enro is a liquid I have to dilute in 2 cups of water and let her drink it. Not super good if she’s not really drinking much. I’ve been syringing like 9cc of that enro water as well as honey water gently into her mouth this morning every couple hours. She had her first of 3 doses of the dewormer last night. She’s still standing around low energy not doing much but I’ve never seen the tell tale sign of her laying down with her eyes closed yet. We’ll see.

Hi guys. This girl shown below is about 2 1/2 or 3 years old. She’s my OG, and the only survivor I have from my first unvaxxed flock that got taken out by Mareks. I wouldn’t say she’s sick, but she’s been off for about 2 weeks. She’s always been kind of chill, but the she’s been off by herself a few times and not doing a whole lot of eating. Doesn’t look sick. Not drooped tail or closed eyes. Everyone else is fine. I brought her inside a few days ago. I’ve given her 2 doses of the concentrated nutri-drench in that time. I’ve seen her eat crumble a few times, and she gets after hard boiled eggs, but def not high energy or eating a lot. Has laid normal eggs every now and then. No stuck egg or weird looking vent. Her poops have been weird though, pic below. Like consistently while yellow.

What do you guys think?

How often can you give the concentrated dropper dose of the nutridrench?

Thank you!
I would also recommend an antibiotic.

Most people that use enrofloxacin give it orally, not in the water since it tastes bad and they may not drink enough. Do you have enrofloxacin 10% liquid? If using that I would give 0.25 to 0.25 ml orally twice a day for 5 days.

Most people that use enrofloxacin give it orally, not in the water since it tastes bad and they may not drink enough. Do you have enrofloxacin 10% liquid? If using that I would give 0.25 to 0.25 ml orally twice a day for 5 days.

I doubt it’s the 10%. I’ll have to ask my vet. She’s mostly a large animal vet. She gave it to me in 2 syringes. She said put 0.25 ml in 2 cups of water and just let her drink it. Refresh every 2 days. I think she gave me enough for 4 total refills.

I doubt it’s the 10%. I’ll have to ask my vet. She’s mostly a large animal vet. She gave it to me in 2 syringes. She said put 0.25 ml in 2 cups of water and just let her drink it. Refresh every 2 days. I think she gave me enough for 4 total refills.
She just got back to me. The enro she gave me is 100mg/ml. So what she has me doing is putting 25mg in 2 cups of water. I have about 1ml left of the stuff she gave me. So about 100mg. Any idea how I can dose that orally? It’s in the 1cc tuberculin syringes so I should be able to dial it in. Thank you!

Last edited:
She just got back to me. The enro she gave me is 100mg/ml. So what she has me doing is putting 25mg in 2 cups of water. I have about 1ml left of the stuff she gave me. So about 100mg. Any idea how I can dose that orally? It’s in the 1cc tuberculin syringes so I should be able to dial it in. Thank you!
Well, I would check with the vet, but try to see if she will drink the water. This is the 10% liquid I am familiar with:
https://jedds.com/products/enrofloxacin-10
The stuff you linked me on appears to be recommended to give in drinking water also. Do you know the total mg of enro you give orally twice a day? I have about 100mg to play with.

Back
Top Bottom