Kinda Rare Colors

Lemon Pyle

• Total voters
Thanks.

For what it's worth, back when I was more active on this site I was pretty outspoken about the the European tendency of Brahma breeders using the term pyle when describing splash versions of various blue patterns.

In the US Standard Of Perfection red pyle is described as a black breasted red with the addition of dominant white, effectively turning all black pigments of the pattern white, as in Old English Games.

My issue with applying the term pyle to Brahmas is first of all inaccuracy, as they are not black breasted red, nor do they posses dominant white. Most of what they call pyle are splash blue partridge. While the males may look similar to red pyle, the females are penciled, true pyle females are not. The genetics involved are completely different.

My second and maybe stronger issue is that they are very loose with the term, I have seen it used referring to splash partridge pattern birds, and then to splash gold columbian patterned birds, and to any splash bird of a gold based mixed pattern. Maybe if the term was only used with one pattern of Brahma it would be tolerable to me. After all what we call a light is a silver columbian in other breeds, and a dark is silver penciled, but they are two distinctly different patterns are not lumped into a single catch all phrase.

They do seem to differentiate by the intensity of gold, the darker being called just that, red, and the lighter called lemon, but both seem to cover multiple patterns within that distinction.

Finally, as to the poll at the top of this thread, there is listed a blue pyle. To the best of my knowledge, whether by use of dominant white, or two copies of blue, the whitish results would affect all black pigment. Outside of some intensity levels on male saddle and hackle feathers I do not believe this pattern is possible.

Folks, thanks for reading. I have been having a craving... I really want to see rarer colored chicken breeds. Like the following;

anybody have Lemon Pyle Brahma's, Red Pyle Brahma's and Blue Salmon F? Anyone? If so, please comment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any rare kinda colors are welcome! Write what you have, below. Talk 'bout 'em, too!

Bye for now,
-Angry Hen
I do have red pyle

Back
Top Bottom