Kindle Vs. Nook Vs. Sony Touch

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I am looking to buy an Ebook Reader. I need opinions on the ones out there. I have a bid out on a Kindle currently but if it hits a full bill I'm outty. Curious what others have tried and like.

2. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Boyd, your leaps and bounds ahead of me. I dont even know what you are talking about.

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    *sits and waits to find out what an Ebook read is...*

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Get a BeBook. I adore mine! Here's the website.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I haven't tried any other the kindle that I have. I love it! I love the ease of shopping for books, the titles that I can get at little or no cost, and the ease of use in general. Like I said, I can't compare it to others, but I am very happy with the kindle!

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    I think the most important question is how much it is to download the books. Cost of the reader is irrelevant, it's how much you'll pay per book over time.

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Where do you buy books from once you have the reader? I looked at the links they listed for ebook sellers, but all the ones I clicked were broken.

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    On amazon I found books for the kindle as little as 2$ per with as much as 10$ per.... and then ebay..... seems they have lots of e books on there, including popular titles...... sigh..... there seems to be more out there for the kindle so thats the way I'm leaning....... but I dunno [​IMG]

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I really want a Kindle myself. I have heard a lot of good things about them. In fact I think that is what I'm gonna ask for as my Christmas gift. I had not heard of the other ones.

10. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    I prefer Sony's ebook reader to the Kindle (borrowing them from friends to try them out), but the price makes my eyeballs bleed. I'm hoping to save up for one next year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by