Kindle Vs. Nook Vs. Sony Touch

I am also checking out ebooks, and so far it's Kindle vs. Nook
I seems the books are cheaper with Kindle at $9.99 for bestsellers, haven't checked Barnes and Noble
Also, I am not sure what magazine subscriptions are available with the Nook, whereas Kindle has quite a few available
Same with newspaper subscriptions. For ease of use, I am thinking Nook, also for size. THough I am waiting until after November 30th for the release of the Nook to see what the firs time buyers are saying.
The extended warranty with Nook is for two years and covers everything, Kindle doesn't seem to offer, or if it has, I haven't noticed it. The first year warranty on the Nook does not cover damage by the owner, but the extended one does. COnfusing, but probably worththe $70 for it. Nook has a memory card that can be changed; Kindle does not. In my lifetime I do not think I would ever fill the Kindle. Kindle also has A LOT of free books, but, if a book is recalled, they just suck it out of your Kindle!!

Quote:
Now that's food for thought.... Didn't realize the Kindle didn't have removable memory!!!! I am now leaning towards the Nook... A 16gb sd card would increase the size available to huge.....

but 1500 books is easy..... It's what I have on 3-4 bookshelves scattered around the house
hide.gif

I'm an avid reader. Usually a 400 page paperback a day if I have nothing else to do.

My mom got a kindle and really loves it, so she bought me one. Personally, I love the feel of a book in your hands. Mostly I use my kindle for trips when my dad will only let me take 5 books so my back pack will fit under the airplane seat. It's really handy being able to carry around the internet, a book that reads to you, every book you've bought (found a $30 book for $5. Most of the ones I have are free), and any book you could want.

If you have more books than will fit on your kindle, you can archive them. That way, they are still in your online library, ready to be loaded back onto your kindle whenever you wish. This is the basic info on the warrenty:
We warrant the Device against defects in materials and workmanship under ordinary consumer use for one year from the date of original retail purchase. During this warranty period, if a defect arises in the Device, and you follow the instructions for returning the Device, we will, at our option and to the extent permitted by law, either (i) repair the Device using either new or refurbished parts, (ii) replace the Device with a new or refurbished Device, or (iii) refund to you all or part of the purchase price of the Device.

This limited warranty applies to any repair, replacement part or replacement Device for the remainder of the original warranty period or for ninety days, whichever period is longer. All replaced parts and Devices for which a refund is given shall become our property. This limited warranty applies only to hardware components of the Device that are not subject to accident, misuse, neglect, fire or other external causes, alterations, repair, or commercial use.

As far as Amazon deleting content if they find they sold a book incorrectly, here is a bit of information on the class-action suit that was filed about that subject:
The first class of plaintiffs -- owners whose machines have lost value due to the threatened loss of a text -- may already have been rendered moot by Amazon itself. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos was quick to apologize for the deletions, and the company has already promised that works sold without a license will be handled differently in the future, and won't be deleted from owners' devices.​

Quote:
Where do you buy books from once you have the reader? I looked at the links they listed for ebook sellers, but all the ones I clicked were broken.

You can download them to your computer from all over the internet. From there, you install them on the BeBook. It accepts a lot of file types.

Just read about the Nook on the Gadget review site. Sounds great! I think I'll ask for it for my b'day in Jan. and maybe the reviews will be in from the general public that got it for Christmas!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom