King Coops has BYC member's coops photos posted on their website...

What a pig! That's just disgusting to steal someone else's work. Trashy. Glad they have a lot of bad reviews on Dave's Garden.
he.gif

I guess he thinks he can do whatever he wants... and I don't believe for one minute that a "customer" sent him that photo to have one built... or he would have used a photo of the ONE HE BUILT!

He is ignorant and rude.

If the photo is yours... make him take it down... or purchase the rights from you. Photos on public domains are basically up for grabs, but there are restrictions on their usage. You cannot sell them as your own... and you cannot use them to generate revenue without the explicit agreement of the owner. This should be interesting.

D

I think you could always put a watermark or overlay BYC or something on the pic. That way if it is copied it would make it alot more difficult to claim it is theirs.

Just an update regarding my stolen design. My wife, being a lawyer, did a little digging and wrote a nastygram to them. She received a quick response and they removed my images. They also said they get the images from potential customers who want them built. obviously that is a halftruth given that they are clearly using the images and the writeups as advertisement for their site and marketing them as their own. Very unethical. Anyway, the owner said they are shutting down the business and are closing down the site.

This should resolve any issues that others are having with this site.
AJ

PS. They are not closing down their site just because of my wife's letter. They were apparently going out of business already. Just thought I should clarify that.
AJ

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a similar business open up in the same location in a couple of months. Businesses which lack integrity often resurface with a new name, but the same lousy business practices.
somad.gif

Isn't a 4x4 coop a little small for 6 birds - or am I not reading that right? Nice to know he's looking out for the girls huh? He probably sends his customers nothing but roosters!

THIS WEEKS SPECIAL! RECIEVE 6 CHICKS, WATERER, FEEDER AND A 4X4 COOP FOR ONLY $650!!!

Back
Top Bottom