Kirby Vacuums ::::Another UPDATE >:(::::

I'm so sorry you had this experience. The BBB is not going to help you. All that is, is an organisation that charges money for businesses to be members. They don't do anything except start files on member businesses who have had complaints lodged against them. If you are thinking of hiring someone you can check with the BBB to see if anyone has filed a complaint, but that's about it.
You may want to contact the Division of Consumer Affairs. I think they charge a nominal fee ($5 ???) to file a complaint, but you have a better chance of them helping you than the BBB. I hope this turns out well for you.

Didn't read the whole post tonight, but I think I've got the basics.

Let's see if this helps you? An address? A phone? A history?

Kirby Vacuum address:

Consumer Relations Department
The Kirby Company
1920 West 114th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44102

Vice-President of North American Field Sales is:

Kevin Reitmeier

Who should be found at telephone: (Kirby home office)

1-800-494-8586

Fax is : 216-529-6146

Hoovers business tells me The Kirby Company is owned by the Scott Fetzer Company.
(Who woulda thought...they sell door to door encyclopedias). Scott Fetzer, is in turn
owned by Berkshire Hathaway.

Pick your battle...but if I wanted to complain about your Kirby salesman, I would be looking
fo this Kevin Reitmeier's office.

Just in case anyone is wondering, how a partial list of Kirby's
sister companies? $905 million in sales, last reported year.

Principal Subsidiaries:

Adalet
Campbell Hausfeld
Carefree
Cleveland Wood Products
Douglas Products
ECM
France
Halex
Kirby
Meriam Instrument
Northland
Powerwinch
Quikut
ScottCare
Scot Labs
Stahl
United Consumer Financial Services
Wayne Home Equipment
Western Enterprises
Western Plastics
World Book Group

Quote:
Mine works great and is maybe 5-7 years old. Cost about $250. It's a Hoover Wind Tunnel. It doesn;t buff hardwood, but then I don't have any
cool.png

I've used Kirby's; they are great. But not 4 figures great. If you wnat to spend 4 figures, get a central vac.

Definitely call the local news on this one. Every news station has a consumer advocate and BOY will they lay down the hammer on these shady Kirby salesmen.
On a side note....I worked for Kirby as a sales person for a week when I was 21 and I HATED it. They DO NOT use new vacuums. They use the same vacuum over and over until someone buys the one they have. That vacuum was NOT in mint condition. It was the demo vacuum. Raise holy hell. Get all your original parts back and CHARGE THEM for the missing parts! $1250 for a vacuum.....what a scam!! Oh, and I'd call the state police as well. See what they can do for you. Local police can help with them harassing you and holding you against your will but the state police deal with scams.

Good luck!

Im reporting it to:
Call for Action
Scams, schemes and red tape? Ready to take action? Depend on Call for Action to resolve your consumer complaints.

Its on the local fox 5 website but they want to know if Ill talk to the media.
I dont want these guys to come bully me or do something bad to me

Hope all gets resolved. I agree about the BBB,but these days you can also post the same complaints online.I wrote to them about our roofer,who replied to BBB 6 months later that our leaks were old ones.I disagreed,but that does not change the lack of anything happening. My fear ,as a woman alone,is the retaliation from the roofer/workers if my public complaints cause a loss in business for them.

I have had $50 vacuums.I spent once on an oreck and that $200 vac lasted a few months before it caught on fire. It was a wasteful hassle trying to get the company to respond.Lesson learned and I just don't do business with them. Over a grand for a vacuum is a lot even if it does work well. People are often nice till they get what they want,and get soooo nasty if you decline. I hate going for anything that requires a sales person.And even if I do know what I want if the sales person is pushy I will NOT buy.I will go to another store to get the same thing.

I would also be VERY cautious about letting anyone into your home.

Quote:
YES.. talk to the media!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
YES.. talk to the media!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so scary though!
I get nervous..

Ahhhh! I think they just called me!
hide.gif

...the call for action people that is...

Im listening to the voicemail now...
Oh no they are beeping again

They wanna talk to me.
My hands are sweating, Im scared

Back
Top Bottom