Kitchen scraps

I would NEVER EVER feed spoiled, moldy, rotting anything to the birds.
The risk of botulism is not worth it at all.

I go by the thought that if it is not fresh enough for me it is not fresh enough for them.

That said many kitchen scraps are fine like.....
Cucumber peels, squash ends, zucchini ends, strawberry cores, apple peels, carrot peels, cabbage cores, corn cobs, tomato pieces and many more.

I avoid ...
Processed foods like pasta, bread and cereals.

I would not feed due to toxicity levels and birds....
Avacado, and potato peels

I would NEVER EVER feed spoiled, moldy, rotting anything to the birds.
The risk of botulism is not worth it at all.

I go by the thought that if it is not fresh enough for me it is not fresh enough for them.

That said many kitchen scraps are fine like.....
Cucumber peels, squash ends, zucchini ends, strawberry cores, apple peels, carrot peels, cabbage cores, corn cobs, tomato pieces and many more.

I avoid ...
Processed foods like pasta, bread and cereals.

I would not feed due to toxicity levels and birds....
Avacado, and potato peels

I agree completely!

Feeding food waste can certainly be done. In addition to Justin Rhodes, check out "Edible Acres" on YouTube.

Man, I've mentioned those guys on here so much lately...I swear they're not paying me! :p

On second thought...those guys have thousands of subscribers...instead click on the link in my sig to see my blog. I don't even think my wife reads it! :lol:

Do your own research and do what you’re comfortable with - but a lot of what you read simply isn’t true.

Just in this thread:
  • potatoes peels aren’t bad for chickens (green potato peels, from improperly grown potatoes exposed to sunlight, are - but you could go years not seeing a green skinned potato)
  • Avacado (at least the edible parts) aren’t either

Do your own research and do what you’re comfortable with - but a lot of what you read simply isn’t true.

Just in this thread:
  • potatoes peels aren’t bad for chickens (green potato peels, from improperly grown potatoes exposed to sunlight, are - but you could go years not seeing a green skinned potato)
  • Avacado (at least the edible parts) aren’t either
I gave them milk today they attacked it they get a lot of organic waste there so healthy and give big eggs

I would advise reading reference books about chicken keeping that have been vetted and edited above you tuber’s uneducated decisions made for entertainment value and click bait.

Don’t feed anything spoiled or moldy. I see that you came here for support of the choice you’ve already made, but any good book on the subject will show that choice is not the right one and your hens will suffer the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom