Kitchener Plucker 20inch drum

I have this one, and it seems nearly identical, when it was on sale earlier in the year. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082TR3976/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have never tried a duck or goose but it's definitely big enough for that. I've done two large cornish cross at the same time with success. I have seen videos that you often need to scald a duck or goose twice as the 1st round gets the outer feathers and secondary quick scald gets the water resistant down.

Quality is very nice. Heavy enough to seem sturdy but light enough so it's not unwieldy. Easy to assemble.

There are some annoying things like the power cord being way too short for a process that requires running water the whole time. I feel safer covering the connection to an extension cord with a plastic bag or something. Also the power switch is under the unit which is a bit awkward. Safe from water but a bit "twister-y" to get to when turning off/on when trying to shower your bird with water so the fingers don't tear the meat.

The feather chute is ok. I drilled holes throughout a plastic bucket and placed underneateh so the feathers stay and the water drains away.

Quite easy to clean being easy to take apart.

Has anyone used a Kitchener Plucker? Woot has Kitchener Chicken Plucker 1HP 120VAC 280RPM 92 fingers 20inch drum on sale for $358.99?
Would this plucker work for ducks and geese? What about the price and qualit?

https://tools.woot.com/offers/kitch...e-feather-remover?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_tool_3_39
Thanks
I have the Kitchener 🙋‍♀️ That's about the same price I paid for it too, although I got it from Amazon a few years ago.

It's a good unit, I like it. You have to kind of baby it a bit at times, the feathers can get clogged up especially if you're doing grown birds. I think it would do ducks and geese fine but you would only want to put one in at a time. It was a real pain to assemble and I had to go get a screw from the hardware store since one was missing. You'll want to take the drum off and clean under the plate before storing too.

Overall, if you don't want to spend more to get the Yardbird or a lot more for a really professional one, I recommend the Kitchener.

I did see I had an old post on it and said I paid $270, and now that I think about it I remember that's true, it was considerably less than a Yardbird. But everything has gone up a lot, I would just check to see if the Yardbird is still a lot more, if it was only $50 or so more I would get that instead of the Kitchener.

Back
Top Bottom