Kitsap Humane Society Volunteer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 8, 2008
Washington State
I am so excited!!! Its been a long time since I have trained dogs in a facility. So last week, when I went with a client to evaluate a dog at the Kitsap HS, I equired about their trainers they have there. They offer several interesting training and behavior classes. It can be very itimidating to work with other trainers, for some reason they can be the most competitive and unforgiving groups of people to work with. I really didn't know how my email would be recieved. But to my surprise I got a really positive email from their Behavior and Training Coordinator this afternoon. This is what it said:

Jamie,

Dianne forwarded your email to me. I am Deana C., I am the new Behavior Department Coordinator at KHS. I would love to have you come train the dogs. You will need to take the Environmental Enrichment class online after you attend your orientation. I would also like to talk with you in person, I may have an opportunity that you would like to do. Let me know your availability and we can set up an appointment.

Deana C.
Behavior Department Coordinator
Kitsap Humane Society

I wonder what she is considering for me?? Whatever it is....wow I am excited.

thumbsup.gif

That's great, Jamie!

Thanks Alison! This position won't pay any bills but it will satisfy my drive to do more training in a short amount of time. Every little bit of education helps -- and EVERY dog is a new education LOL
big_smile.png

I just had the meeting with Deana the Behavior Coordinator at Kitsap HS. This is such a great opportunity for me, I am almost in disbelief over it LOL. They've been looking for someone to get into a strong leadership/management roll for their training and behavior teams they have. The teams are beginner, intermediate and advanced shelter dog handlers. Some of them are advanced enough to teach classes. I have to work my way up through the "ranks" of volunteers first, which is most logical to me. I don't want to go over other's heads even if I know and do more than they do or can. I would rather have people respect me for what they see me do rather than tell them to respect me because I have an ego.

There are a few things that was discussed that I don't want to put here because its just in the works but suffice to say this probably won't be an unpaid position for long. I will help develop and implement programs for the dogs and adoptions as well as getting private pay clients through their adoption program. I am
ya.gif
<--- that excited!!

Back
Top Bottom