Kitten with Eye Infection

Matilda Belle

Crowing
May 16, 2018
SE Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
Here is a picture. My husband found him this morning. We can't afford to take him to the vet. Is there an over-the-counter antibiotic that would help? I have LA-200 in my cabinet.

Attachments

• 70402838_420972141917295_4161253397728591872_n.jpg
    70402838_420972141917295_4161253397728591872_n.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 12
Here is a picture. My husband found him this morning. We can't afford to take him to the vet. Is there an over-the-counter antibiotic that would help? I have LA-200 in my cabinet.
If you just "found" this kitty, it is most likely feral, and it most likely has a lot more going on than just an infected eye. Look for a low cost veterinarian or call the humane society. Here's one resource I found easily by just searching it on Duck Duck Go:
https://www.animalhumanesociety.org/health/veterinary-assistance

Looks like one of these places might be near you. A feral kitty in that condition will likely die without proper care. Thanks for taking it in and giving it a chance!

You might also try a farm store where they have antibiotics for livestock. If you have one that's knowledgeable they might be able to make recommendations. I wouldn't personally go to TSC for advice, unless that is the only one available to me.

Awe. Thanks for looking out for this little one. I agree, it needs a vet. My dogs had an eye infection that looked similar and it was really hard to fully get rid of it, even with antibiotics from the vet. It could be linked to a more serious respiratory infection as well. For now a warm wet wash cloth will help clean up some of the gunk and certainly help the kitty feel a bit of relief for a minute.

Well, I took him to the vet and got fluids in, wormed him, and got some antibiotics. The vet suggested I talk with animal rescue about fostering him so that they would cover costs. So I went to the animal shelter and there was a woman there that fell in love with the little guy and took him home. I gave her all the medicine and instructions from the vet. They thought he was maybe 3 weeks old. I think he’s going to be ok. :)

Back
Top Bottom