Kitties and Cold...

BobwhiteQuailLover

Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
Can kitties survive temperatures under 25 degrees F? Mine are outdoor cats, than stay in a pen next to our birds, and we are going to Illinois this weekend and i'm worried about them.. They have 3 walls, and the front is wire. We are going to put plywood around the whole front but keep a little bit open so they can look around outside. Plus a heat lamp through the winter, but we are going to do this after we get back from Illinois.. Do you guys think they will be fine?

Thank you!

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
Quote:as long as the cats have a place to hunker down thats dry and draft free they should be ok. barn cats survive all year round in unheated barns

BobwhiteQuailLover

9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
They have a draft free place in there, there is a blanket over half of the wood box I have for them.

BobwhiteQuailLover

9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Wisconsin
Oh, yes they are healthy.

My one cat, Cinnamon, is naturally thin, we are thinking because she was a rescue, and starved.

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Provide a sleeping box filled with hay/straw/blankets and they should be fine. A VERY FERAL cat showed up here last winter. She spent half the winter living under a coop/loft that houses some of my pigeons. She finally moved to a utility shed where I provided a sleeping box filled with hay. She was sleek, shiny, and fat. After a brush with a coyote this spring, she left. I thought that she had been killed, but she came back about a month ago. She will no longer go near the shed - I think the coyote trapped her in there. I'm not sure where she will spend this winter?

Top Bottom