Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

Pics
That's exactly the color my female Persian Sassy was, I believe it's called blue smoke cameo. I loved my Persians. The only downside was the brushing and the matts.

According to the breeder we got Mario from, a shaded silver is different from the smokes.

You made me curious so I did a search and got this from the Cat Fanciers Association, "If you want to breed smokes the first thing you need to understand is that to produce smoke kittens one of the parents must be a shaded or a smoke cat. You cannot get a smoke out of two solid color cats, even if both of their parents were shadeds"

Who knows, some of that breeding stuff gets beyond me but it's interesting! :confused:

I have had multiple female cats and would agree that they are generally not as friendly as males.
However, Mogwai takes her hatred of all cats to an entirely new level. If she sees a cat walking through our yard, you would think the devil himself was waltzing past, her blood curdling shriek is that bad.
Ah, so a whole new level of hate. She takes her kitty sovereignty seriously.

According to the breeder we got Mario from, a shaded silver is different from the smokes.

You made me curious so I did a search and got this from the Cat Fanciers Association, "If you want to breed smokes the first thing you need to understand is that to produce smoke kittens one of the parents must be a shaded or a smoke cat. You cannot get a smoke out of two solid color cats, even if both of their parents were shadeds"

Who knows, some of that breeding stuff gets beyond me but it's interesting! :confused:
I started going cross eyed so I stopped, but I was in my 20's. Back than my brain couldn't hold as much information. Now I can hold it but it's harder to find. :)

That's a gorgeous cat, the Doberman isn't bad looking either. I was gonna get a Doberman years ago but I got side tracked by boxers instead. Still love the Doberman.
I always liked the looks of the boxer. But the first four I met in person were all psychotic! Seriously unstable dogs. I'm certain there are wonderful boxers out there, I just haven't met one.

I always liked the looks of the boxer. But the first four I met in person were all psychotic! Seriously unstable dogs. I'm certain there are wonderful boxers out there, I just haven't met one.
They need lots of exercise, but so do many breeds. I'm only on my third boxer, so I haven't had a huge group to compare to but I find them fun loving, playful, and affectionate. I do know female boxers don't like other female boxers, so I can only keep one boxer at a time since my pack is only females.

My current boxer has been a bit hard on my kitty, but she's getting better. She has a high prey drive and has been challenging that way. My other two were not.

I choose boxers over Doberman because boxers play their whole lives and are smaller. Also the Doberman I met whined a lot, and we're clingy to their owners. Is that a breed trait or just an individual thing?

They need lots of exercise, but so do many breeds. I'm only on my third boxer, so I haven't had a huge group to compare to but I find them fun loving, playful, and affectionate. I do know female boxers don't like other female boxers, so I can only keep one boxer at a time since my pack is only females.

My current boxer has been a bit hard on my kitty, but she's getting better. She has a high prey drive and has been challenging that way. My other two were not.

I choose boxers over Doberman because boxers play their whole lives and are smaller. Also the Doberman I met whined a lot, and we're clingy to their owners. Is that a breed trait or just an individual thing?

None of my Dobies were whiners. ALL of them played until they dropped! Ben, they guy in all the pictures, is my 5th. The biggest issue with Dobies is 40% of them will die from dilated cardiomyopathy. Three of the 4 I've lost had it. Two had sudden death from it.

None of my Dobies were whiners. ALL of them played until they dropped! Ben, they guy in all the pictures, is my 5th. The biggest issue with Dobies is 40% of them will die from dilated cardiomyopathy. Three of the 4 I've lost had it. Two had sudden death from it.
That's a common problem in boxer, my first one I lost to it. :hmm Doberman are back on my list of potential breeds. :) I love their looks, and I like docked tails and short coats.

So. Much. Cute. Can't. Take. It.

LOL. Here's more cute for you.

SAM_0327.jpg

Back
Top Bottom