Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

Mine make me smile, and laugh daily with their shenanigans. My heart fills will love just looking at them. :) I'm never alone. On the other hand I'm taking Shorty in to get spayed on Thursday and I'm already worried about my kid. :hmm

We adopted a kitten 1 year ago from the shelter when she was approx 4 months old. We got her fixed and shots shortly after. She lives in the barn - there is an insulated area in there, but she does have a cage, litter box, food/water, and bed in the main barn. We have cat allergies here, so no chance of a cat living in the house. She is small, and her name is Penny. We lock her inside the barn at night, but rarely she is not back when we close up -so she roams but only in warm weather. We are keen to get her inside the barn in cold or wet weather.

one thing I’ve noticed, she keeps stray cats away, for the most part! She had a fight with something one day .. middle of the afternoon. Maybe a stray? We had to take to the vet a few days later bc she had a scratch on her eye, and was still experiencing some pain (but there were no obvious wounds). She got a long acting antibiotic, a pain shot, and antibiotic eye ointment, and was much better and eye is fine. Luckily not many strays here, but pretty sure the ones we see come from the farm across the street (their barn is 1/4 - 1/2 mile down the road).

here she is checking out the chickens!
46EAF5FD-89EB-4D2F-9F04-E2704286520A.jpeg

Mine make me smile, and laugh daily with their shenanigans. My heart fills will love just looking at them. :) I'm never alone. On the other hand I'm taking Shorty in to get spayed on Thursday and I'm already worried about my kid. :hmm

Dogs really are amazing. :love

And aww I’m sure she’ll be okay!

Back
Top Bottom