Kitty and Dog Thread, Show Me What You Got, other critters welcome too

This one is Bananabelle.. she was from a breeder.. although we got her from Craigslist.. she is the most friendly one... she will fly to my face on the side of the cage and when I put my hand in to feed them she comes up and pecks at my fingers and will grab the bowl when I’m taking it out so we sorta play tug o war :lol: ... I also think I have an English one... he is bigger than everyone else... or maybe he’s mixed...
CF5FEABF-8D94-4255-BD6F-92422EB679B4.jpeg
4950E313-1EF8-4C01-AE18-F9C187A22035.jpeg

I always feel bad for a single one. So it's hard to get out of them completely. Plus they are so pretty and simple to keep. :)

Yeah, me too haha I think they should be kept in at least pairs if not more. They’re so social. :love

This one is Bananabelle.. she was from a breeder.. although we got her from Craigslist.. she is the most friendly one... she will fly to my face on the side of the cage and when I put my hand in to feed them she comes up and pecks at my fingers and will grab the bowl when I’m taking it out so we sorta play tug o war :lol: ... I also think I have an English one... he is bigger than everyone else... or maybe he’s mixed...View attachment 2037317View attachment 2037318

They are soooo freaking cute!! :love

This one is Bananabelle.. she was from a breeder.. although we got her from Craigslist.. she is the most friendly one... she will fly to my face on the side of the cage and when I put my hand in to feed them she comes up and pecks at my fingers and will grab the bowl when I’m taking it out so we sorta play tug o war :lol: ... I also think I have an English one... he is bigger than everyone else... or maybe he’s mixed...View attachment 2037317View attachment 2037318
That's one of my favorite colors. Well they all are my favorite color. :lol: What a cheeky little girl.

I like the olive green. If you start looking at the range of shading, and coloring in the greens they can be a bit more vibrant than blues. I go back and forth on what color I like. Than there's things like opaline, spangle, cinnamon wing, clear wing, pied, just to name a few variations you find in budgies. That's why you can't have just one.

I like the olive green. If you start looking at the range of shading, and coloring in the greens they can be a bit more vibrant than blues. I go back and forth on what color I like. Than there's things like opaline, spangle, cinnamon wing, clear wing, pied, just to name a few variations you find in budgies. That's why you can't have just one.

Very true!! I love all the variations!! I really like the light blue ones and the various variations of it :love but all those other varieties are super pretty too!! :love

A few years ago I started buying newly hatched birds and hand raising them. English budgies, cockatiels, sun conures, love birds. They were so much fun and I had no trouble selling them. On average, English budgies sold for about 3 or 4 times what the regular budgie sold for. That may be why you don't see many of them. They are sure able to learn to talk, though, easier than the regular type, I think. The love birds were just adorable but got mean as they sexually matured. :hmm
I had a budgie that my step daughter had till she left home. He was incredibly tame; loved to sit on my shoulder and groom my eyelashes. We left his cage open all the time. He would sit on it most of the day, with an occasional flight around the house, then back to his cage.
A couple years ago my granddaughter bought a budgie at a pet store, and it died with in 5 days. The store replaced it, and the replacement died within about a week. I had schooled her in budgie care, so I don't know what the problem was.
Sorry about the ramble. It's 1 in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm sitting here with a glass of bourbon trying to get fuzzy-headed enough to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom