Knitted my first hat

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by lilshadow, Oct 21, 2009.

1. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    I tried teaching myself how to knit using knitting needles, and couldn't get the hang of it. So, I bought the kniffy knitter and had never used it. As a matter of fact I was getting ready to send it to the good will. Instead, I taught myself how to use it and this is the end product. I already have 4 orders for hats.
    [​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    That looks really nice!!!!!

Wow, I've never knitted in my life, and I was eying that kniftyknitter thing in the store the other day.............I just may buy that darn thing!

3. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Thats awesome!

4. lilshadow

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:It is really easy and fun to do. If you go onto youtube type in kniffty knitter they have videos on different stitches. I am more of a hands on show me type. So I looked it up on youtube, and I have been making a couple of hat's a day. They are going to be great for christmas gifts. You can also make scarves with them.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    You did a great job on that!! I have one of those knitter thingies under the bed (from an impulse buy like two years ago!!!) lol!! Never even taken it out of the hard plastic...might have to break bad and get it out now!!! [​IMG]

6. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] Nice...

I have and use my Knifty Knitter sometimes, I've finally learned how to crochet beanies soooo I've been going Beanie Crazy lately and have gotten orders for them! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. lilshadow

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:It is so easy, and once you get going you won't want to put it down. It's a great way to make gifts.

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Very nice!

9. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    It's awesome.

Only problem I have with it is the flimsy plastic needle that came with the set broke way too easily.

10. lilshadow

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    Quote:This is the one that came with my set. It has a rubber handle and a metal tip.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by