Knuckling Over - Puppy. Advice???

Well he is definitely not a great dane mix, it is funny how much he looks like your other dog. They will be cute when he gets older. I hope he continues to do well.

I would take him to a vet to get looked at. It sounds like rickets, which typically affects large breeds, and he will probably need a calcium/phosphorus supplement. But get him there to be sure and get something done about it in time before it's not reversable.

hi i have a 9 weeks pitbull puppy that is doing the same thing both of his front legs are knuckling and i don't have a clue what to do i took the pup to the vet and he told me to give him a different food we was feeding taste of the wild puppy and we switched to pedigree puppy and about a week after switching it started. the doctor also told me to give him calcium pills and he should get better. I also was already giving the puppies calcium pills and it still happened can some one please help me thanks also the food there on now is diamond large breed puppy.
Sorry to hear that your pup is having problems. This is a really old post (started in Jan 2010) but I hope that someone who has some ideas will give you advice.

Do you have puppy vitamins for him? maybe they will help. and give him some yogurt for pro-biotics to help him absorb teh nutrients better.
I used a vitamin for Senior Dogs for my lab when her coat started to get really dry with flakey skin and it really helped. She was nice and glossy till the day she died four years later. So maybe puppy vitamins will provide whatever nutrient is missing in the dogfood. It seems like the dogfoods that are available in the grocery stores now are crap for quality.

Back
Top Bottom