Ko Shamo, & Bantam Shamo.

josh44

Songster
11 Years
Jun 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
Wanting to know more about the breed & it's history ???

I have found a few breeders that describe having small shamo,

Called Bantam Shamo & some called Ko Shamo.

Is there a Difference &
What is the difference ?

Who Has Ko Shamo ?

Who Has bantam Shamo ?

POST AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

hi:
shamos are really pretty birds,I see you are very interested in knowing more about this birds.
as I believe bantam shamo and ko shamo are the same bird.
" ko " is the japanese word to say bantam
have you found any girl for your boy?

Last edited:
Ko shamo and bannie shamo are completely different. Ko shamo are the true breed of shamo that the size has been cut down. They have a distinct shrimp tail and split wing. Bannie shamo do not have the split wing or the shrimp tail. The bannie shamo are shamo that people have crossed with non game bannies to cut the size down. The ko shamo were bread to accommodate the rich people in Japan so they could keep them inside their homes. They were bread for fighting. The bannies were bread for just the size not the gameness. There are only a handfull of breeders of the ko shamo in the us but tons of the bannie breeders. Just keep an eye out for split wings and shrimp tails. I hope this helps

Ko shamo and bannie shamo are completely different. Ko shamo are the true breed of shamo that the size has been cut down. They have a distinct shrimp tail and split wing. Bannie shamo do not have the split wing or the shrimp tail. The bannie shamo are shamo that people have crossed with non game bannies to cut the size down. The ko shamo were bread to accommodate the rich people in Japan so they could keep them inside their homes. They were bread for fighting. The bannies were bread for just the size not the gameness. There are only a handfull of breeders of the ko shamo in the us but tons of the bannie breeders. Just keep an eye out for split wings and shrimp tails. I hope this helps

X2

LAST CALL
For Sale:
Ko shamo: wheaten, spangled, white, blacks, blue wheatens, ginger
Can deliver to Atlanta GA this weekend.
See: aviangems.wixsite,com/aviangems

I find it truly amazing, the amount off different breeds of chickens is huge!! does anyone have any history as to why there are so many different breeds? Might be a stupid question but I'm genuinely interested

Back
Top Bottom