Kristen's "Fabulous Clucking Cats"

LovinMyPeeps

Sees Wine Dots
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Heuvelton, NY
So I'm having my SUV repaired, and I'm sitting in the shop when one of the older gentlemen who works for the town walks in for an oil change. (We were in the next town over) and he says to me "You look familiar... do you live in Heuvelton?" So, I told him yes and that I had seen him working at town hall across the street. He was quiet for a minute then he turned and said "So I have to ask you... where did you get those fabulous clucking cats?" It took me a second, but then I realized he was refering to the fact that we're not supposed to have "livestock" in town which is darn funny as we're a mostly Amish community and there are horses and droppings EVERYWHERE. I looked at him and said "they're very rare, I imported them from France" He just laughed. So apparently the town workers refer to my chickens as my "fabulous clucking cats".

gig.gif

Imp

That's wonderful! "clucking cats"
lau.gif

And good for the folks with a sense of humor!

Fortunately the code enforcer has a sense of humour too. He came over one day and told me I wasn't supposed to have chickens as they stood behind me picking at the driveway I told him "chickens? What chickens Tim? You know... they have meds for that." He just shrugged and walked away.

that is so so so funny im glad we dont have those problems here but in qld you are not alowed to have rabbits so people call them long eared guinie pigs

That is funny. I know what you mean by Amish though cause I live about 7 miles from there. Didn't think there were to many members on here this far up in NY.

OMG! Renn Falls! Do you go to Doug's for wing night? HEHEHE you must know Tim Tuttle then, our famous code enforcer. What do you raise? I'm so excited now I spilled my coffee!

I've only been in Doug's bar twice. Not much of a bar person since I don't drink and don't care for wings. Orginally from IL but moved up here and got married a couple years ago. I have a few mix chickens, 1 turkey, 4 peafowl, and a ferret. My FIL has dromedary camels and dairy cows besides 2 dogs and a bunch of cats

Back
Top Bottom