Kudzu! If you know what it is please look here

AuberyMirkwood

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Clovis NM
Ok here's the deal. I've been reading up on it. It's a tough, hated weed. It kills trees and covers houses. Once established it can't be killed.

BUT

I want some! I live on the high plains of New Mexico. I NEED something really tough to withstand extreme heat, extreme cold, and 70 mph winds.

Because of our extreme enviornment I highly doubt that it will as much trouble as people say it does. After all, lol, where it's a problem, gardening looks easy.

So would any of you lovely people who live with it be willing to stick some in an envelope and mail it to me? :D

Oh God, if the OP wants kudzu, someone send her some for crying out loud,... :p
It isnt your problem if it over-runs her yard,and strangles her in her sleep..... :lol:

So, this invasive vine can provide for folks who wish to make friends with it. Otherwise, the leafy green plant will be your worse enemy. The fast growing vine will cover the house, choke the dog, and entrap the in-laws.

And this is a problem?
gig.gif

ahhh you dont. trust me. And chances are... its probably illegal to bring it in.... I know its illegal back home.

Look for native plants that can deal with the temp.

One thing to consider... foliage heavy things like kudzu would make an EXCELLENT breeding ground for all kinds of things like: spiders, scorpions, SNAKES and lots of things you REALLY don't want being attracted into your house any more than they already are.

I understand your concern. Yes, it is a nightmare for you. But you live in a plant rich climate. I live in an area that even trees can barely grow. The only thing that grows here is cactus. I am quit sure my climate would keep it in check.

Example

You live here. Lush, green, more than plant friendly.

http://assets.byways.org/asset_files/000/018/686/Talladega National Forest.jpg?1314943936

I live here. Dry, desolate, nothing lives here.

http://humanandnatural.com/data/media/182/new_mexico_desert_photo.jpg

Somehow I just don't think your weed could become a problem in this envirornment :/

Also, not illegal to ship here. I checked.

Back
Top Bottom