Kyron Horman - have you seen this boy?

Sequin

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Kyron Horman is a 7 year old that lives in the same area I grew up in and has vanished. I never thought I would ever hear that such a thing has happened so close to 'home'. They are still searching for him. I know there are many children who go missing each and every day, but he disappeared from school grounds without a trace. Such a sad and traumatic situation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007612-504083.html

Wow, that makes me REALLY glad that the kids' school installed cameras at every exit and the playground too... poor kid and the poor family. Just one more reason we're trying out HSing this summer, you just can't expect anyone else to care about your child as much as you do... even if they're paid.

I agree. I am so glad that we are homeschooling. It can be such a challenge as a parent to strike a balance between safety for your kid but allowing them to grow and spread their wings as well. I cannot imagine the pain and anguish of loosing my child, let alone not knowing what they are going through and if they are crying out for me but I can't hear them or help them. The thought of it makes me sick.

Oh my gosh that is in Oregon. First time I heard about it.

I dont have TV and only buy the local newspaper.

I cant believe a child went missing while at school. Didnt any one notice he was missing some time during the day.

Geez...

Quote:
thats what i was thinking.it wasn't that long ago when i went to school and we a little thing called ROLL CALL.i guess now a days that must be an invasion on privacy.
i hope that little boy is found safe and unharmed.i just can't imagine.
sad.png

My mom told me about this little boy,but she thought he went missing on a science field trip. We were talking about field trips and how hard it has been for me to let my dd go on them with her class.Security at schools seems better,but it will never be 100% safe.When you consider all the people that(through their work) are let into schools...and you just don't know if they are wacked in the head.

It is sad that life is such a risk from the moment we are born. I dream of a world where no one ever molests or murders. How wonderful it would be!

Quote:
thats what i was thinking.it wasn't that long ago when i went to school and we a little thing called ROLL CALL.i guess now a days that must be an invasion on privacy.
i hope that little boy is found safe and unharmed.i just can't imagine.
sad.png

Don't be quick to blame the school. We don't know when he dissappeared. Could well be that he got grabbed as he was getting on the bus. Might have been someone he knew as a family friend who said, "Hey, your mom said I could pick you up today." It sounds like the police have more information than they are releasing at this point.

I too hope he is found safely.

True True... at our school you get ID'd if you want to take a kid out during school hours, but if you're just picking up after school then there's not any real supervision... Kinder and 1st do stand out there with their kids and make sure they are picked up... but as long as the kid recognizes the person they won't do anything if they leave with them...

I learned, thanks to some less than brilliant family members, that a CPS agent can walk into any school and demand to be left alone in a windowless room with any child without showing any paperwork OR ID of any kind... the folks there are terrified of CPS for some reason and will just hand over whatever child is asked for... now THAT scares the crap out of me... one because I don't want anyone interrogating my kid without me or a lawyer present... that's a given since I'm a Libertarian who totally believes in our Constitution... but how did it not dawn on these people that that system is just a disaster waiting to happen... the ones who know about this are the ones who've been involved with CPS before... now the innocent folks, not worried about them... but what about the not so innocent ones that now know they can walk into a school and bully their way past the staff to get their hands on a kid? And all you have to do is look in the local paper for kids names, grades, classes...

Wow, that turned into a ramble there but that just gave me the willies when I heard about it... no wonder really that a child could go missing from a school when the staff is too afraid... PC... whatever of saying anything to anyone... sucks rocks that they've been sued into submission.

Edit... I should prolly clarify... that info was from the School Employees... it just came about because of family telling me that and me needing to prove they were full of it... was NOT happy to be proven wrong...

Last edited:
I worked in an elementary school, and although CPS employees were allowed to interview children without an adult present, we certainly did ask for ID, photocopied it and the agent had to sign in. The weak spot in our system was volunteers. Although we checked the Sex Offenders database on everyone, you never know what the motives are of a person who volunteers to come in and read stories to children or whatever. BTW, I am not talking about parent volunteers, we knew all of them. I'm talking about people who walk in off the street or who are from a school's business partner or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom