Ladies, Do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

Ladies, do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

• Yes, I do and I will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but prefer not to

• No way

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I'd be willing to learn

• Total voters
Quote:
Amen! When my daughter was 10, we had a flat on the highway. I said, "Honey, THIS is how you change a tire." I popped the hood, took off my scarf and stood next to the car for the required 5 minutes. It took the lovely gentleman about 15 minutes and we were on our way. She still teases me about it 18 years later.
I do know how to do it manually, though. lol

I can change a flat, my breaks, and my oil. I learned to do a lot for myself after I got divorced. I am so happy I have my wonderful DH to do those things for me now though, lol.

You're darn tootin' I know how. I was my father's only son, and he was a mechanic.
hide.gif

i can change the tire, the plugs and wires, any light bulb that goes out, i have a problem with the motor and regulator with the power windows, any suggestions, i don't want to pay that much money just for the parts.

Quote:
I was gonna say, P-nut, thought you were a guy all this time...
lol.png

You could've answered for you mom, sister or girlfriend. Glad you have the skills. Apparently, this is something I need to learn now.
rant.gif

I don't think my mom knows how and I know my sis doesn't know and I don't have a girlfriend.

I can and have many times but finally have a new car and roadside assistance.
wee.gif
Now that I'm old, I find that the lug nuts are too tight for me to budge if they've been put on with air tools.

Last edited:
Yep.

But I drive a 3/4 ton truck so I also carry a small air compressor and a can of fix a flat because if I can limp home or to a service station, I'm going to try that first.

Wrestling one of those big tires around on the side of the highway certainly isn't my idea of fun.

Back
Top Bottom