Lakota Sioux Reservation

Thanks, I will post a more recent pic. All the images I see online show the cockerals with very large combs and wattles and the hens just have large.

Had a bad storm today and it blew some chicken wire off and the australorp escaped. We only realized it when a neighborhood dog was barking and my wife shooed it away. My wife said, "Honey did you know one of your chickens is missing?" My son and I looked for 40 mins and found it not to far from home under a neighbors bush.

I have a couple questions for anyone with expertise:

1) I have a black australorp that I thought was going to out shine the Black sex links in shiny, fluffy plumage, But she is rather dull and the BSL's have beautiful iridescent plumage with red, blue, and green in their sheen.

2) I only have one Dominique and whether hot or cold, I often find him/her laying on the ground like he/she is dead. But he/she is not ill because this have been going on for weeks with no problems. I think he/she like to sleep that way. Anyone else have that experience.

welcome-byc.gif
from Maine
frow.gif

Wow its been a great week for me!
I saw a white mule deer at midnite a few nites ago.

My Dominique (whom I was not sure was a boy or girl) Crowed this morning!

And one of my chickens (probably a BSL) laid an egg. I am a proud Husbanderer.

Got two last nite at 1am and they were soft shelled. I will try some of the things already suggested on other threads.

Back
Top Bottom