Lakota Sioux Reservation

Thats cool but I am hoping to meet someone who has chickens and has experience raising them out here. IT gets very hot in the summer.

Also I would like to borrow an incubator.

dancegirl2.gif

It's gotta be the Oglala Indian Res...aka the Pine Ridge Reservation...The Standing Rock IR, size comparison, is the second largest, to the Cheyenne River IR, but that's in two states, N. Dakota, & S. Dakota...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I didn't mean to make this a guessing contest. I live on Cheyenne River.

Sorry Pongoid...You stated that you live on the 2nd largest in the state, & to me, it seems that the CRIR is THE largest in the state, right?

It is neither the largest in population or land area. Pine Ridge is the largest on both counts.

I don't quite understand how they account for this but in the accounting the include the mapped borders of the reservation and something called management regions outside the reservation borders which I think includes Bennett county between Pine Ridge and Rosebud reservations.

Sorry I can't explain more but it wasn't explained to me very well.

Can you feed your chickens Kiwi peelings?

Can you feed your chickens some kind of grass seed or groundcover seed so that the seed that isn't destroyed by their digestion would help feed the lawn not only fertilizer but actual plants?

LOL, I fed my chickens earthworms for the first time yesterday. It was very hilarious! Like murderball for chickens.
They chased each other around trying to steal one another's worms.
At one point I got worried because I have 13 week pullets in with 8 week pullets and the younger ones were getting held down at the neck so their worm could get stolen.

As I have said, I have 3 BSL pullets, 1 black australorp pullet, 1 production red pullet, and 1 Dominique of unknown gender (straight run bin at Runnings Farm and Fleet).

If the Dominique ends up being a Roo and I breed him to all my females will I get anything interesting or will they all just be black?

I used to raise mice for my snakes and I liked playing around with breeding.

Last question, I have 13 week old pullets...and the rest are 8 weeks. Should I start feeding them oyster shell now even though they are 6 weeks from laying their first eggs?

Back
Top Bottom