Lambing again! We've got babies!

My DH is actually pressuring me to replace BBB...but I've been doing some research on my own. What I've found (certainly anecdotal) is that many bucks tend to produce more buck kids in their first year breeding. I had to look back over my previous buck, Henry's production records...he didn't prove the hypothesis (he stayed steadily around 65% male)...but many farms seem to have this pattern. So...I'll be interested to see what my favorite boy does NEXT year...

LOL I've even been looking into AI and sexed sperm! Too bad it's just not cost effective for goats at about $60 a straw.

Hope your mean boy had some pink in him! Hmmm maybe that's what brought about his streak? LOL

I saw his momma awhile back when I got 2 lambs from the same place. She just looks crochetey and mean. I think it was an inherited trait that had nothing at all to do with him being a ram. LOL

swoon4.gif

I happened across this thread in a search.... AWE how cute the little guys are! I'm such a softie even tho it'd be healthier to raise animals for the table.... I could Never do it.... just a sucker for any animal.
hmm.png

I crochet & myself wondered how hard or easy it'd be to spin wool or angora hair for yarn. But how do you use the wool for quilt batting? Do you lay a layer of loose wool inside quilt fabrics then do a machine freehand pattern to keep it in place? (there must be a proper name for what that's called).

Back
Top Bottom